[JPL] playlist: tonight in taint town live 8-11/12-08

Bob Rogers taintradio at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 13:18:27 EDT 2008

taintradio.org. - an international alliance of independent producers
tonight in taint town live 8-11/12-08

8pm
Red Pocket, No More One More (Thick)
William Parker, title track (It's Raining on the Moon)
Corey Wilkes, title track (Drop It)
Ersahin/Truffaz/Madsen/Rueckert/Penman, title track (Our Theory)
Ted Nash, Theme from the Night Visitors (The Mancini Project)
Susheela Raman, What Silence Said (Music for Crocodiles)
Odean Pope, Gone Now (ninety-six)
Radiohead, 15 Steps (In Rainbows)
Ernest Ranglin w/Antonio Hart, Moondance (gotcha!)

9pm
Aaron Parks, Afterglow (Invisible Cinema)
Onus, Doxology (Triphony)
The Residents, Constantinople/Weight Lifting Lula (Duck Stab/Buster and
Glen)
Jenny Scheinman, Born Into This (Crossing the Field)
Cuong Vu, Our Bridge (Bound)
Bill Frisell, Struggle (History, Mystery)
Kenny Wheeler/Lee Konitz/Dave Holland/Bill Frisell, Past Present (Angel
Song)
The Wayfaring Strangers w/Lucy Kaplansky, High on a Mountain (shifting sands
of time)
Issac Hayes, I Can't Help It If I'm Still In Love With You (Hank Williams
Revisited)
Rufus Thomas, title track (Funkiest Man Alive)

10pm
World Saxophone Quartet, All Blues (Selim Sivad: A Tribute to Miles Davis)
Treme Brass Band, title track (Gimme My Money Back)
Whitefield Brothers, In the Raw
Stanton Moore, Poison Pushy (III)
Esperanza Spaulding, Samba Em Preludio (Esperanza)
Roy Nathanson w/Nancy King, Bar Stool Paradise (Fire at Keaton's Bar &
Grill)
James Carter, Dodo's Bounce (Present Tense)
Jeff Barone, I Hear Music (Open Up)
Charles Mingus, Los Mariachis (New Tijuana Moods)

11pm
Jimmy Lyons, In a Poem/She Trained Out (Night's Music)-vinyl
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Rip, Rig, and Panic
The Vandermark 5, Happy House (Free Jazz Classics, vols. 1 & 2)
Elio Villafranca, title track (The Source In Between)
Douglas Ewart Quartet, Crepscule IV in Powderhorn Park (visionfest
visionlive)
Henry Threadgill's Very Very Circus, Try Some Ammonia (Too Much Sugar for a
Dime)

midnight
Eri Yamamoto, Circular Movement (Duologue)
Mary LaRose, Working Class Hero (the blue guitar)
Cowboy Junkies, I Don't Get It (The Trinity Session)
Brian Cullman, Somebody Calling My Name (All Fires the Fire)
Jim White, That Girl from Brownsville, Texas (Dig a hole in that substrate
and tell me what you see)
Brad Mehldau, August Ending (House on Hill)
Jeremy Pelt, Phoenix (November)
Andrew Hill, Refuge (Point of Departure)

1am
John Coltrane, Song of the Underground Railroad/Greensleeves (The Africa
Brass Sessions, vol. 2)-vinyl
Susheela Raman, Light Years (Music for Crocodiles)
Ernest Ranglin, Kunene (Modern Answers to Old Problems)
Cat Power, Good Clean Fun (What Would the Community Think)
Ely Guerra w/Marc Ribot, Profundidad (Lotofire)
Nguyen Le, If 6 Was 9 (Purple: Celebrating Jimi Hendrix)
Zap Mama, Nostalgie Amoureuse (Twice Upon a Yesterday)
Wadada Leo Smith's Golden Quartet, America's Third Century Spiritual
Awakening (...Golden Quartet)

--
Bob Rogers
taintradio.org (music 24/7 on the Internet)