[JPL] Kenny Barron - "The Traveler"

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Tue Aug 12 23:43:35 EDT 2008

I'm digging this too, and played "Memories of You" for the 2nd time tonight.
Ensembles are fine too, with a variety of material and stylistic breadth,
all reflecting Kenny's radiant range.

I like to recall this line from a conversation I had with Ozzie Cadena at
the Jazz Times convention in 1988. "If the world had its priorities
straight, we'd be making records on Hank Jones, Tommy Flanagan, and Kenny
Barron every day!"

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8-11 p.m.