[JPL] Anybody heard of Podium?

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 10:13:09 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/13/2008 9:28:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jason at thejazzsession.com writes:

<<..I recently heard a track on our local NPR affiliate in Albany  that I
really liked. I called the station and they said they know very  little
about other than that it's by a band called Podium. Anyone ever  heard of
this band?..>>

Was this something that the local radio guy Tim Coakley played? If so, he'd
certainly know. If it was something that Jim Wilke played on his syndicated
show  that is carried on WAMC, well, Jim will probably respond here on list.

If you go to Amazon, you will find several recordings by a group called the
Podium 3, from Koln. They have a CD about to be released in late August, and
I'm  guessing the cut you heard was from that recording.

Check it out _here _
(http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Podium-Three-Live-Koln/dp/B000026I7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1218636522&sr=1-2) (long URL).

Ed

Read reviews on AOL Autos.