[JPL] Newport

TomtheJazzman tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:56:17 EDT 2008

I certainly agree with Jeff.  I said the Festival Network group has a
steep learning curve.  Lots of stuff happened at the last minute and
without clear directions.  Eric and Jeff were certainly right on about
artist lineups and selections played.  I believe they will get better
and the instant thing they could do would be to retain Sue Auclair again
because she touches all of the bases when it comes to being media
savvy.  FN spent big money in some places, yet cut some items.  Some of
the stuff they cut were missed and will take away from the FREE
publicity they could receive from the media during the next twelve
months.  They were also not very understanding of the photo journalist
who were working to get good photo opportunities.  Also,  This year I
thought many of the comments by Chevy Chase were really off base and not
what you would want to hear on the NPR/WBGO broadcasts from the festival.
ALOHA
Tom