[JPL] Newport

jturton at comcast.net jturton at comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 12:45:31 EDT 2008

Sue was desperately missed. As Eric said, Jazz is more than her job it is really an important part of what she does. I was surprised she wasn't hired and at first thought it might be monetary but based on where the overspent it had to have been another reason. They basically tried to reinvent the wheel and failed. Hopefully they'll learn a lesson or two and be better next year. Better yet maybe rehire Sue. She starts with the media in May when the line-ups are announced. I heard nothing until July when I had to make contact and I was not the only one who had this experience

Chevy was useless. He added nothing to the proceedings. If they thought he was going be a draw they missed again. I think their involvement in last years festival was the reason he was brought on board last year as well. There was some great music throughout the weekend so at least bottom line it was an entertaining weekend and the weather was terrific

Jeff

From: TomtheJazzman <tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com>