[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU 08-13-08

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Wed Aug 13 16:06:08 EDT 2008

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 08-13-08

    HOUR ONE

Theme

  BREAK

Bobby Broom - Strike Up The Band - The Way I Play (Origin)  [C]
Chip White - Something About Mingus - Double Dedication (Dark Colors)
[C] [a]
Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra w/ Wynton Marsalis - Los Mariachis -
Don't Be Afraid...The Music Of Charles Mingus (Palmetto)

  BREAK

Charles Mingus - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat - Mingus Ah Um (Columbia)
Charles Mingus - Theme For Lester Young - Mingus, Mingus, Mingus,
Mingus, Mingus (Impulse)

  BREAK

Mark Sherman Quartet - Hope - Live @ The Bird's Eye (Miles High) [C]
Miles Davis - Summer Night - Quiet Nights (Columbia)

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

Perez - Milestones - It's Happenin' (Zoho) [C]
Mark Sherman Quartet - The Winning Life - Live @ The Bird's Eye (Miles
High) [C]
Alma Micic - April In Paris - The Hours (CTA) [C]
Alma Micic - Through The Night - The Hours (CTA) [C]

  BREAK

Laszlo Gardony - Summertime - Dig Deep (Sunnyside) [C]
Bennett Paster & Gregory Ryan - Chelsea Bridge - Grupo Yanqui Rides
Again (Miles High) [C]
Judy Wexler - Don't Be On The Outside - Dreams & Shadows (Jazzed Media)
 [C]
Diane Hoffman - Sunday In New York - My Little French Dancer
(self-released) [C] [a]

  BREAK

Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band - Most Precious One - Season Of
Changes (Verve) [C]
Charles Mingus - Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting - Blues & Roots
(Atlantic)

  BREAK