[JPL] pronunciation help?

Brian Sanders mtbaldymusic at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 17:31:14 EDT 2008

 "Rolls" it is.? Carmen McRae calls him by name in the intro to one of the tunes on her Great American Songbook. (Rowles' "The Ballad of Thelonious Monk.")

Reminds me of the listener in Las Vegas who was convinced the baritone player's name was pronounced "Gary Mulligan."

Brian Sanders
KNAU, Flagstaff

In a message dated 8/13/2008 1:22:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,