[JPL] Playlist: Jazz around the world, 2MBS Sydney, Australia

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 17:32:56 EDT 2008

Dear JPL friends,

this is my third playlist as Jazz programmer for 2MBS 102.5 FM in Sydney, Australia!

Saturday August 9, 2008

Charlie Parker     "Laura"                Plays standards       Verve

Jim Malloy        "Ask me now"            Jazz vocalist         Jazzito

Toots Thielemans  "The more I see you"    For the lady          Gitanes
& Shirley Horn

Joao Gilberto     "Desafinado"            Gilberto/Getz         Verve
& Stan Getz

Hector Martignon  "Noviembre, Susurro y Cumbia" Portrait in B&W   Candid

Diane Hoffman     "Gone with the wind"    My little french dancer D.H

Brandi Disterheft "60 dollar train"       Debut                 Superfran

Abdullah Ibrahim  "Mandela"               Songs from an ancient well  Enja

Gerry Mulligan    "20 years after"        Piazzolla/Mulligan    Accord
& Astor Piazzolla

Joe Gaeta         "The clock is ticking"  Almost real           Rhombus
& Cengiz Yaltkaya

The Rosenberg trio "Minor swing"          Live at North Sea     Universal

"Jazz around the world" is presented by 2MBS 102.5 FM every other saturday at 13:00 Sydney time (Friday at 10 pm EST). The program presents straightahead, accoustic Jazz produced everywhere around the world, both classic and new.

2MBS is one of the oldest community radio stations in Australia. It has a 50 Kw transmitter that covers a large area of New South Wales. It also streams over the internet at http://www.2mbs.com

If you are a musician, band manager or label representative and would like to send us your music for consideration, please send it to:

Juan Carlos Valencia
3/85C Wigram Road
Glebe. NSW. 2037
Australia