[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Friday August 15

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Aug 15 21:56:45 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday August 15, 2008

(Ben Tucker, Bob Dorough) Going Home – Going Home – Bill Mays – Palmetto –
PM 2090

(Kenny Dorham) Asiatic Raes - Newk’s Time – Sonny Rollins – Blue Note –
CDP 7 84001 2

(Tito Puente) Picadillo – Song for Chico – Arturo O’Farrill and the Afro
Latin Jazz Orchestra – Zoho – ZM 200804

(Jellyroll Morton) Sweet Substitute – Soprano Summit 1975 – Arbors Jazz –
ARCD19328

(Kahn, Jones) I’ll See You in My Dreams – Singin’ in the Rain – Cliff
‘Ukelele Ike’ Edwards – Living Era – CD AJA 5313

(Ellington, Miley) Blues I Love to Sing – The Duke Ellington Centennial
Edition: The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1927-1973) – RCA Victor –
09026-63386-2

Gladys Dubois, Paul Gregory, Con Conrad, Russ Columbo) You Call It Madness
But I Call It Love – Mildred Bailey: The Rockin’ Chair Lady (1931-1950) –
Mildred Bailey – Decca Jazz – GRD-644

(Jolson, DeSylva, Rose) Avalon – The Eddie Lockjaw Davis Cookbook Volume 1
– Prestige – PRCD-30009-2

(Freddie Hubbard) Cunga Black – Blue Spirits – Freddie Hubbard – Blue Note
– CDP 7 46545 2

(Ornette Coleman) Turnaround – Tomorrow Is the Question – Ornette Coleman
– Contemporary – OJCCD-342-2

8:01 NPR News

(Thelonious Monk) Epistrophy – Miles Davis & Thelonious Monk Live at
Newport 1958 & 1963 - Columbia – CK 53585

(Herbie Hancock) Sorcerer – Speak Like a Child – Herbie Hancock – Blue
Note – CDP 7 46136 2

(Marlysse Simmons, Toby Whitaker, Rei Alvarez) Bionic Boogaloo – Bionico –
Bio Ritmo – Locutor Records – LR003

(Curtis Lewis) Today I Sing the Blues – The Queen in Waiting: The Columbia
Years 1960-1965 – Columbia/Legacy – C2K 65696

(Nat Adderly) Work Song – Them Dirty Blues – Cannonball Adderly – Landmark
Records – LCD-1301-2

(Rick Margitza) Spin – Memento – Rick Margitza – Palmetto records –
PM-2076

(Cole Porter) Down in the Depths on the 90th Floor / (Nat Jones) T’ain’t
No Need – Unforgettable – Johnny Hartman – Impu

(Romberg, Hamberg) Lover Come Back to Me – Clifford Brown Memorial –
Prestige – OJCCD-017-2

(C. Leigh, J. Richards) Young at Heart – Young at Heart – Grant Stewart –
Sharp Nine Records – CD-1041-2

9:01 NPR News

(Lee Morgan) The Sidewinder – The Sidewinder – Lee Morgan – Blue Note –
CDP 7 84157 2

(Feather, Jordan, Williams) Brotherly Love – Louis Jordan and His Tympany
Five Disc B: 1941 – 1944 – JSP Records JSPCD 905B

(Durham) Every Tub – Count Basie: The Complete Decca Recordings – Decca –
GRD-3-611

(Akst, Clarke) Am I Blue – After Hours with Miss D – Dinah Washington –
Verve – B0000094-02

(Warren, Gordon) I Had the Craziest Dream – Quiet Kenny – Kenny Dorham –
Prestige – OJCCD-250-2

(Laine, Fischer) We’ll Be Together Again – Virtuoso in New York – Joe Pass
– Pablo – PACD-2310-979-2

(Cedar Walton) Hindsight – Seasoned Wood – Cedar Walton – High Note – HCD
7185

(Ellington, Mills, Parish) Sophisticated Lady – This is Billy Mitchell –
Verve – 440 065 507-2

(Hoagy Carmichael) Memphis in June – The Great Jazz Vocalists Sing Hoagy
Carmichael – Irene Kral - Capitol Jazz – 7243 5 23566 2 1

(Dizzy Gillespie) Con Alma – Trio Talk – Lafayette Harris Jr. -  Airmen
Records – www.airmenrecords.com