[JPL] Jazz For Friday August 15, 2008 with George Thomas (VPR)

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Sat Aug 16 00:01:36 EDT 2008

Jazz For Friday August 15, 2008 with George Thomas (VPR)

Playlist

09:00 PM
Change Medley: There'll Be Some Changes Made / Change Partners / You've
Changed / There'll Be Some Changes Made (reprise)
Artist Name 	Dave McKenna
Soloists 	Dave McKenna-Piano
CD/Album 	An Intimate Evening With
Record co./Cat # 	Arbors Jazz Records 19264
Release Year 	2002

09:12 PM
Summertime
Artist Name 	Oscar Peterson
Composer 	George Gershwin / Du Bose Heyward
Soloists 	Oscar Peterson-Piano ; Sam Jones-Bass ; Bobby Durham-Drums
CD/Album 	Exclusively For My Friends
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 314 513 830-2
Release Year 	1968
Note 	Birthday: OP 8.15.1925

09:18 PM
Naptown Blues
Artist Name 	Oscar Peterson
Composer 	Wes Montgomery
Soloists 	Oscar Peterson-Piano ; Herbie Ellis-Guitar ; Sam Jones-Bass ;
Bobby Durham-Drums
CD/Album 	The Will To Swing
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 422 847203-2
Release Year 	1969
Note 	Birthday: OP 8.15.1925

09:26 PM
Waltz For Debbie
Artist Name 	Bill Evans
Composer 	Bill Evans
Soloists 	Bill Evans-Piano ; Scott LaFaro-Bass ; Paul Motian-Drums
CD/Album 	The Complete Riverside Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Riverside 018-2
Release Year 	1961
Note 	Birthday: BE 8.16.1929

09:33 PM
Milestones
Artist Name 	Bill Evans
Composer 	Miles Davis
Soloists 	Bill Evans-Piano ; Scott LaFaro-Bass ; Paul Motian-Drums
CD/Album 	The Complete Riverside Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Riverside 018-2
Release Year 	1961
Note 	Birthday: BE 8.16.1929

09:39 PM
All Of You
Artist Name 	Bill Evans
Composer 	Cole Porter
Soloists 	Bill Evans-Piano ; Scott LaFaro-Bass ; Paul Motian-Drums
CD/Album 	The Complete Riverside Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Riverside 018-2
Release Year 	1961
Note 	Birthday: BE 8.16.1929

09:49 PM
The Genius After Hours
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Ray Charles
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1957
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

09:55 PM
Rockhouse Parts 1& 2
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Ray Charles
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1956
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:00 PM
Doddlin'
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Horace Silver
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1956
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:06 PM
Lonely Avenue
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Doc Pomus
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1956
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:08 PM
Early In The Mornin'
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Leo Hickman / Louis Jordan / Dallas Bartley
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1958
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:11 PM
(Night Time Is) The Right Time
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Soloists 	Margie Hendrix-Vocals
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1958
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:14 PM
Fathead
Artist Name 	David Newman
Composer 	David Newman
Soloists 	David Newman-Tenor Sax ; Ray Charles-Piano
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1958
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:21 PM
Tin Tin Deo
Artist Name 	David Newman
Composer 	Chano Pozo
Soloists 	David Newman-Tenor Sax ; Ray Charles-Piano
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1958
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:26 PM
Come Rain Or Come Shine
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Johnny Mercer / Harold Arlen
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1959
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:30 PM
The Sun's Gonna Shine Again
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Sam Sweet
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1952
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:33 PM
Don't You Know
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	Ray Charles
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1953
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:36 PM
I Got A Break
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Composer 	T-Bone Walker
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1953
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:38 PM
Greenbacks
Artist Name 	Ray Charles
Soloists 	David Fathead Newman-Baritone Sax
CD/Album 	Pure Genius-The Complete Atlantic Recordings
Record co./Cat # 	Atlantic 74731
Release Year 	1954
Note 	R.I.P. Jerry Wexler-Producer Of Ray Charles On Atlantic

10:42 PM
Lover Come Back To Me
Artist Name 	Cassandra Wilson
Composer 	Hammerstein & Romberg
CD/Album 	Loverly
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 07699
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

10:47 PM
Serve Somebody
Artist Name 	The Ben Sidran Hammond Quartet
Composer 	Bob Dylan
Soloists 	Ben Sidran-Hammond Organ, Vocals, Percussion
CD/Album 	Cien Noches
Record co./Cat # 	Nardis Music 82908
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

10:53 PM
In The Dark
Artist Name 	Elio Villafranca Quartet featuring Eric Alexander
Composer 	Elio Villafranca
Soloists 	Elio Villafranca-Piano ; Eric Alexander-Tenor Sax ; Dafnis
Prieto-Drums ; Jeff Carney-Bass
CD/Album 	The Source In Between
Record co./Cat # 	Ceiba Tree Music 101
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

11:01 PM
Morning Mantra
Artist Name 	William Parker
Composer 	William Parker
Soloists 	Lewis Barnes-Trumpet ; Rob Brown-Alto Sax ; Bill Cole-Double
Reeds ; Shayna Dulberger-Bass ; Hamid Drake-Drums ; Sangeeta
Bandyopadhyay-Voice
CD/Album 	Double Sunrise Over Neptune
Record co./Cat # 	AUM Fidelity 047
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

11:16 PM
Don't Wait For The Day Of Battle Before Getting Your Weapons Ready
Artist Name 	Bill Cole's Untempered Ensemble
Composer 	Bill Cole
Soloists 	Bill Cole-Chinese Sona, Digeridoo, Indian Shenai ; William
Parker-Bass ; Warren Smith-Percussion ; Sam Furnace-Alto Sax, Flute ;
Joseph Daley-Bariton Horn, Tuba, Trombone
CD/Album 	Proverbs For Sam
Record co./Cat # 	Boxholder Records 056
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

11:32 PM
Drop It (live)
Artist Name 	Corey Wilkes
Composer 	Corey Wilkes
Soloists 	Corey Wilkes-Trumpet ; Jabari Liu-Alto Sax ; Robert Irving
III-Piano ; Junius Paul-Bass ; Jeremy Clemons-Drums
CD/Album 	Drop It
Record co./Cat # 	Delmark 582
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

11:44 PM
Una Mas
Artist Name 	Pete Zimmer Quartet
Composer 	Kenny Dorham
Soloists 	Pete Zimmer-Drums ; Jeremy Pelt-Trumpet ; Avi Rothberg-Guitar ;
David Wong-Bass
CD/Album 	Chillin' Live @ Jazz Factory
Record co./Cat # 	Tippin Records 1104
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

11:51 PM
Circular Movement
Artist Name 	Eri Yamamoto
Composer 	Eri Yamamoto
Soloists 	Eri Yamamoto-Piano ; Hamid Drake-Frame Drum
CD/Album 	Duologue
Record co./Cat # 	AUM Fidelity 048
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

11:51 PM
Circular Movement
Artist Name 	Eri Yamamoto
Composer 	Eri Yamamoto
Soloists 	Eri Yamamoto-Piano ; Hamid Drake-Frame Drum
CD/Album 	Duologue
Record co./Cat # 	AUM Fidelity 048
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446

802-654-4343
jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net
Mon-Thu 8-10pm,Fri 9pm-mid

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner