[JPL] JzFmS4 PLAYLIST WGBH BOSTON 8/15/08

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Aug 16 00:15:46 EDT 2008

Friday, Aug 15, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

EVANS-ESSENCE: BILL EVANS (b. 8/16/1929)

 8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Bill Evans: All The Things You Are,
The Complete Riverside Recordings (Riverside)

Bill Evans; Jim Hall: I'm Getting Sentimental Over You,
Undercurrent (Blue Note)

Bill Evans: Conception, New Jazz Conceptions (Riverside)

8:27pm
Kenny Drew Jr: This One's For Bill, This One's For Bill (TCB Records)

Cannonball Adderley; featuring Bill Evans: Nardis (c. Bill Evans),
Portrait of Cannonball (Riverside)
Alex Sipiagin: Very Early (comp. B. Evans), Hindsight (Criss Cross)

8:55pm
Lucy Reed; featuring Bill Evans: There's A Boat That's Leaving Soon for New
York, The Singing Reed (Riverside)
Bill Evans; Toots Thielmans: The Days of Wine and Roses,
Affinity (Warner Brothers)
Bill Evans; Tony Bennett: Some Other Time,
The Tony Bennett-Bill Evans Album (Fantasy)

9:13pm
Bill Evans: Re: Person I Knew; Midnight Mood; The Peacocks; Theme from
"Mash", Live at Lulu Whites, Boston 10/30/1979 Recorded by WGBH
(ONLY ON 89.7)

9:36pm
Kronos Quartet: Five, Music of Bill Evans (Landmark)
Paul Motian: Walkin' Up, Bill Evans (JMT Music)
Tierney Sutton: We Will Meet Again, Blue in Green (Telarc)
Bill Evans: Haunted Heart, Explorations (Riverside)

9:55pm
Art Farmer; featuring Bill Evans: The Touch of Your Lips,
 Modern Art (Blue Note)
Chet Baker; featuring Bill Evans: You And the Night And the Music,
Chet (Riverside)
Miles Davis; featuring Bill Evans: On Green Dolphin Street,
'58 Sessions (Columbia)

10:17pm
Bill Evans: Never Let Me Go, Alone (Verve)
Bill Evans: Stella by Starlight,
Empathy+A Simple Matter of Conviction (verve)
Bill Evans: Gone With The Wind, California Here I Come (Verve)

10:42pm
Ingrid Jensen: Time Remembered (comp. B. Evans),
Here on Earth (Justin Time/Enja)
Martin Wind: Turn Out The Stars (comp. B. Evans), Salt 'N Pepper (Challange)
Judy Neimack: Interplay (comp. B. Evans), Blue Nights (Blujazz)

11:06pm
George Russell; featuring Bill Evans: Concerto for Billy The Kid,
Jazz Workshop (RCA Bluebird)
Tadd Dameron; featuring Bill Evans: Our Delight, The Magic Touch (Riverside)
Hal McKusick; featuring Bill Evans: Stratusphunk, Now's The time (Decca/GRP)

11:24pm
Chick Corea; Gary Burton: Waltz for Debby, The New Crystal Silence (Concord)
Mark Murphy: Waltz for Debby, Jazz Standards (32 Jazz)
Bill Evans: Waltz for Debby, Waltz For Debby (Riverside)

11:45pm
Bill Evans: Letter To Evan, Consecration (Milestone)

11:54pm
Bill Evans: Peace Piece, The Complete Riverside Recordings (Riverside)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.