[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Aug 16,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 17 10:20:00 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Aug 16,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Aug 16, 2008

Hour 1

BILLY TAYLOR/GERRY MULLIGAN - "Stompin At the Savoy" - Live at MCG - (MCG)

CHICK COREA/GARY BURTON - "Bud Powell" - The New Crystal Silence - (Concord)

LOU DONALDSON - "It Might As Well Be Spring" - Lush Life - (Blue Note)

EARL KLUGH - "Alice In Wonderland" - Naked Guitar - (Koch)

MAX AND SI PERKOFF - "Stopgap" - Amazing Space - (Playground)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Fall Festival" - Brothers III - (Summit)

CHARLES MINGUS - "My Jelly Roll Soul" - Blues and Roots - (Atlantic)

CHERYL BENTYNE - "Girl Talk" - Talk of the Town - (Telarc)

MOSE ALLISON - "Back On the Corner" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Hour 2

BOBBY FLOYD - "Theme from the Odd Couple" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

DAN HECK - "Blue Stone" - Compositionality - (Origin)

DOUG HAMILTON JAZZ BAND - "Modal Blues" - self titled - (Origin)

TIM WARFIELD - "Stompin At the Savoy" - One for Shirley - (Criss Cross Jazz)

ART FARMER/BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Killer Joe" - Complete Argo/Mercury sessions - (Mosaic)

SCOTT WHITFIELD - "Inner Peace" - Hiding in Plain Sight - (Amosaya)

MARK WEINSTEIN - "Violets For Your Furs" - Straight No Chaser - (Jazzheads)

DAVID BENOIT - "Charlie Brown" - Here's To You Charlie Brown - (Verve)

Hour 3

LAURA COYLE - "Song For My Father" - self titled - (indep)

MARY LOWE - "Orange Colored Sky" - Jazz Diva - (indep)

ROBERTA DUCHAK - "So In Love" - Intersections - (indep)

CHAKA KHAN - "Hey Big Spender" - Classikhan - (Music World)

SERGIO MENDES AND BRASIL'66 - "For Me" - Equinox - (A&M)
TERENCE BLANCHARD W/DIANNE REEVES - "Can't Get Out Of This Mood" - Let's Get Lost - (Sony)

TERENCE BLANCHARD W/JANE MONHEIT - "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" - Let's Get Lost - (Sony)

ANNIE SELLICK - "It Ain't Necessarily So" - No Greater Thrill - (indep)

NEW YORK VOICES - "No Room At All" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

KAYLA TAYLOR JAZZ - "Day In Day Out" - Someone to Watch Over Me - (Smartykat)

QUEEN LATIFAH - "Sugar In My Bowl" - Travelin Light - (Verve)

FRANK SINATRA - "All the Way" - unknown - (Capitol)

Hour 4

WAYNE WALLACE - "Jeru" - The Nature Of the Beat - (Patois)

TROY ANDREWS - "Nora's Cooking" - Trombone Shorty's Swingin Gate - (indep)

BILL WATROUS/PETE CHRISTLIEB/GARY URWIN JAZZ ORCH - "Lester Leaps In" - Kindred Spirits - (Summit)

MODERN JAZZ QUARTET - "Angel Eyes" - Fontessa - (Atlantic)

DAVID SILLS - "Summer Cloud" - Green - (Origin)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Days of Wine and Roses" - Brothers III - (Origin)

DAN MORETTI - "Compared to What" - Passing Places - (Whaling City Sound)

ERIC ALEXANDER - "Soft Winds" - Alexander the Great - (Highnote)

MACE HIBBARD - "One for '44" - When Last We Met - (indep)

Hour 5

PETE ZIMMER QUARTET - "Search" - Chillin' Live At the Jazz Factory - (Tippin)

MANHATTAN TRANSFER - "Birdland" - Best of Manhattan Transfer - (Rhino)

DAN HECK - "One for Flo" - Compositionality - (Origin)

LARRY VUCKOVICH TRIO - "Lester's Minor Blues" - High Wall - (Tetrachord)

HADLEY CALIMAN - "Comencio" - Gratitude - (Origin)

RICK SIMERLY - "Obscurity" - Obscurity - (Double Time)

GRACE KELLY/LEE KONITZ - "You Don't Know What Love Is" - Gracefullee - (indep)

SUN RA AND HIS ASTRO INFINITY ARKESTRA - "Back In Your Own Backyard" - Sound Sun Pleasure - (Evidence)

Hour 6

DIZZY GILLESPIE - "A Night In Tunisia" - Birk's Works - (Verve)

JIM SHEARER/CHARLIE WOOD - "That Note Costs a Dollar" - The Memphis Hang - (Summit)

DOUG MILLER - "Ice Cave" - Regeneration - (Origin)

BILL PROUTEN - "Low Down No Good Downright Nasty Blues" - Low Down No Good - (indep)

GENE AMMONS/JOHN COLTRANE - "Groove Blues" - Gene Ammons All Stars - (Prestige)

AFFINITY - "Route 66" - Route 66 - (Rhombus)

COREY WILKES - "Touch" - Drop It - (Delmark)

THELONIOUS MONK/GERRY MULLIGAN - "Round Midnight" - Complete Riverside Sessions - (Riverside)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM