[JPL] PLAYLIST: 08-17-08 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin F Boddie bfboddie at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 17 22:24:46 EDT 2008

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org

Sunday Jazz Matinee
For The Love Of Jazz
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msn.com

Noon
Jeff Hackworth - Just One More Chance - Where The Blue Begins - Big Bridge Music - 2008
Stephen Anderson Trio - For sentimental Reasons - Forget Not - Summit Records - 2008
Chris Flory - A Beautiful Friendship - For You - Arbors Records - 2008
Rita Edmond - You Stepped Out Of A Dream - Sketches Of A Dream - T.O.T.I. Music - 2008
Issac Hayes - No Name Bar - Shaft - Stax - 1973
Harry Allen-Joe Cohn Quartet - Stompin The Blues - Stompin The Blues - Arbors Records - 2008
Janis Mann - Young And Foolish - A Perfect Time - Pancake Records - 2008
Brubeck Brothers Quartet - Blue Rondo A La Turk - Classified - Koch - 2008

1:00
Art Blakey And The Giants Of Jazz - A Night In Tunisia - Maonterey Jazz Festival Records - Concords Music - 2008
Nicholas Payton - When The Saints Go Marching In - Gumbo Nouveau - Verve - 1996
Crusaders - It Happens Everyday - The Golden Years - GRP - 1992
Robin McKelle - Lover Man - Modern Antique - Cheap Lullaby Records - 2008
Isaac Hayes - Cafe Regio's - Shaft - Stax - 1973
Bobby Previte & The New Bump - She Has Information - Set The Alarm For Monday - Palmetto Records - 2008
David Sanborn - I'm Gonna Move To the outskirts Of Town - Here & Gone - Decca Records - 2008
Bob Mintzer Big Band - Each Day - Swing Out - MCG Jazz - 2008

2:00
Joe Magnarelli - The Village - persistence - Reservoir Music - 2008
Sharel Cassity - Cherokee - Just For You - DW Records - 2008
Greg Chako - The Lamp Is Low - Everybody's Got A Name - Greg Chako - 2008
Shirley Horn - I've Got The World On A String - Monterey Jazz Festival Recordings - Concord Music - 2008
Isaac Hayes - Ellie's Love Theme - Shaft - Stax - 1973
David Leonhardt Trio - Your Song - Explorations - Big Bang Records - 2008
Jim Shearer & Charlie Wood - Blue Turning Gray Over You - The Memphis Hang - Summit Records - 2008
Five Play - Cry Me A River - What The World Needs Now - Arbors Records - 2008

3:00
Rick Wald & 16/NYC - Prince Of Darkness - Play That Thing - Glowbow - 2007
Mark Prince - Rite Of Passage - Fraction Of Infinity - Contour - 2008
Cory Weeds - Corrupted Mango - Big Weeds - Cellar Live - 2008
Diane Hoffman - Well You Needn't - My Little French Dancer - Diane Hoffman - 2007
Isaac Hayes - Bumby's Blues - Shaft - Stax - 1973
David Berger Octet - Serenade In Blue - I Had The Craziest Dream-The Music Of Harry Warren - Such Sweet Thunder - 2008
Cassandra Wilson - Dust My Broom - Loverly - Blue Note - 2008
Miles Davis - Airegin - Bags Groove - Concord Music - 2008