[JPL] PLAYLIST: Bright Moments KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 8/18/08

Bill Barton seekandlisten at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:44:35 EDT 2008

Bright Moments

with Bill Barton

Monday, August 18, 2008

0000-0200

KBCS Bellevue-Seattle 91.3 FM

www.kbcs.fm

Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Blue Rol – Now Please Don't You Cry Beautiful Edith –
Verve

Henry Threadgill Sextett – Black Hands Bejewelled – Easily Slip Into Another
World – Novus

(N) Chris McGregor's Brotherhood of Breath – Nick Tete – Eclipse at Dawn –
Cuneiform

(N) Satoko Fujii Trio – Manta – Trace A River – Libra

(N) Michael Moore & Fred Hersch – This We Know – This We Know – Palmetto

(N) (NW) Goat – The Lucifer Project – Special Agent – Present Sounds

Either/Orchestra – Hard Talk – The Brunt – Accurate

*Perry Robinson 4 – Margareta – Funk Dumpling – Savoy

*Anat Fort – Not A Dream? – A Long Story – ECM

*John Fischer/INTERface – The Files – Environ Days – Konnex

*Carla Bley & Paul Haines – Hotel Overture – Escalator Over the Hill – JCOA

*Lou Grassi's PoBand + Joseph Jarman – Airplay – Joy of Being – CIMP

*Perry Robinson 4 – Sprite's Delight – Funk Dunpling – Savoy

(N) = new release

(NW) = Pacific Northwest artist/group

All selections marked * featured clarinetist Perry Robinson.  According to
most reference sources he was born on August 17th, 1938.  Noted jazz
discographer Michael Fitzgerald states that the correct date is *September
17th.  *So, on Bright Moments we're celebrating his 70th birthday both in
August and September.