[JPL] Playlist Monday August 18, 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Aug 18 21:52:19 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday August 18, 2008

(Lee Morgan) Cornbread – Cornbread – Lee Morgan – Blue Note – CDP 7 84222
2

(Larry Willis) Heavy Blue – Somethin’s Cookin’ – Junior Cook – Muse
Records – MCD 5470

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) People Will Say We’re in Love – Ella: The
legendary Decca Recordings – Decca – GRD-4-648

(Benny Carter) Lula – BBB & Co. – Benny Carter, Ben Webster and Barney
Bigard – Prestige/Swingville – OJCCD-75802

(Harold Arlen) Get Happy – The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recrdings
of the original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet Baker –
Mosaic -

(Bill Evans) Very Early – Doug Hamilton Jazz Band – OA2 Records – 22045

(Previn, Previn) A Second Chance – JJ’s Broadway – JJ Johnson – Verve – V6
8530

Witches Pit – Dakar – John Coltrane - Prestige – PRCD-30650

(Ellington, Gordon, Mills) Prelude to a Kiss – Swingin’ Easy – Sarah
Vaughan – EmArcy – 314 514 072-2

8:01 NPR News

(Victor Feldman) Seven Steps to Heaven – Miles Davis: The Complete Concert
1964 My Funny Valentine + Four and More – Miles Davis – Columbia/Legacy –
C2K 48821

(Cole Porter) Easy to Love – For My Father – Hank Jones – Justin Time –
209-2

(Jimmie Cox) Nobody Knows You When You’re down and out – Roots Propaganda
– Paul Carlon Octet – Deep Tone Records – DT 004

(P. Bradford) I Ain’t Gonna Play No Second Fiddle – Bessie Smith: The
Complete Recordings Volume 2 – Columbia/Legacy – C2K 47471

(Henderson, Cowdry) Tozo – A Study in Frustration: The Fletcher Henderson
Story – Columbia/Legacy – 57596

(Jellyroll Morton) Froggie Moore – Soprano Summit 1975 – Arbors Jazz –
ARCD ARCD 19328

(McCoy Tyner) Blues Back – A Jazz Message – Art Blakey Quartet – Impulse –
314 547 964-2

(Lalo Schifrin) Panamericana / Africana – Gillespiana & Carnegie Hall
Concert – Dizzy Gillespie with Lalo Schiffrin – Verve – 314 519 809-2

(Lerner, Lane) Too Late Now – Resonance – Joe Pass – Pablo – PACD
2310-968-2

9:01 NPR News

(Cole Porter) Love for Sale – This Is Criss! – Sonny Criss – PrestIGE –
prcd-30654

(Bobby Troup) You’re Looking at Me – Sunday at Iridium – Arbors Jazz –
ARCD 19305

(Jeremy Pelt) Rosalie – November – Jeremy Pelt – Maxjazz – MXJ 407

(Nat Adderly, Duke Pearson) Tribute to Brownie – Sophisticated Swing: The
EmArcy Small Group Sessions  - Canninball Adderly – Verve – 314 528 408-2

(Marlysse Simmons) Sombras – Bionico – Bio Ritmo – Locular Records –
LR-003

(Horace Silver) Senor Blues – Horace Silver Live at Newport ’58 – Blue
Note – 0946 3 98070 2 4

(Roy Alfred) I’ve Got News for You – Here & Gone – David Sanborn – Decca
Records – B0011152-02

(Lionel Hampton, Curley Hammer) Hey Ba Ba Re Bop – Hamp: The Legendary
Decca Recordings of Lionel Hampton – Decca – GRD-2-652

(Leroy Carr) How Long Blues – Albert’s Back in Town – Albert Nicholas –
Delmark – DE-209