[JPL] Three new online streams at JAZZ.FM91 (CJRT, Toronto)

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Tue Aug 19 16:09:49 EDT 2008

Those who were at the new media discussion at the JazzWeek Summit will
remember that we talked about alternate programming streams via the
internet.  Here's what our friends at JAZZ.FM91 (CJRT, Toronto) are doing.

-- Ed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, August 19, 2008

JAZZ.FM91 LAUNCHES THREE NEW INTERNET RADIO STREAMS

Toronto, Ontario - JAZZ.FM91 is pleased to announce the launch of three
new, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, commercial-free internet radio
streams dedicated to great jazz music that you want to hear.  High
Standards, devoted to classic tracks from legendary jazz vocalists: Ella
Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Molly Johnson and Diana Krall
just to name a few; The Grooveyard, a channel featuring the best in
contemporary jazz: Pat Metheny, Medeski, Martin and Wood, Metalwood,
Joshua Redman, Sisters Euclid and many more; and, Cool Docs features
documentary profiles of many of the giants of Canadian jazz including:
Moe Koffman, Rob McConnell, Lenny Breau and Jane Bunnett.

Making the announcement today from the JAZZ.FM91 studios in Toronto,
Canada, President and CEO Ross Porter explained that the new online
radio streams gives a broader audience new ways to discover jazz, and
current JAZZ.FM91 listeners more accessibility to the station they have
come to rely on for their favourite music. "You spoke and we listened.
Our channels put the listener in the driver's seat, allowing them to
choose the kind of music and docs they want to hear, when they want to
hear it."

The three new radio streams are just the latest in a string of new
online initiatives by Canada's Premier Jazz Station.  In May of 2008,
JAZZ.FM91 relaunched their website www.jazz.fm with a redesigned look,
an improved interface and a range of new features including podcasts,
streaming video, a searchable playlist, interviews, and cool, new,
on-demand jazz documentaries.

In addition to the wealth of new programming and special features,
JAZZ.FM91's revamped website also gives visitors increased access to
music education tools and information on the station's many educational
programs, scholarships, and community outreach projects.

Check out JAZZ.FM91's new website today, visit www.jazz.fm.

ABOUT JAZZ.FM91

JAZZ.FM91 is Canada's Premier Jazz Radio Station, broadcasting the best
in jazz music, interviews, documentaries, news, and events
24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week across Southern Ontario and Western New
York at FM91.1, and around the world on cable, satellite, and the
Internet at www.jazz.fm.  JAZZ.FM91 is an independent,
listener-supported, registered Canadian charity committed to enhancing
the greater jazz community through concerts, educational programs, and
community partnerships.

-30-

MEDIA CONTACT

Ross Porter, CEO, rporter at jazz.fm, or Sarah Stewart, Promotions Manager,