[JPL] Jazz For Tuesday August 19, 2008 with George Thomas (VPR)

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Tue Aug 19 22:05:42 EDT 2008

Jazz For Tuesday August 19, 2008 with George Thomas (VPR)

Playlist

08:00 PM
The Peacocks
Composer 	Jimmy Rowles
Conductor 	Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles
Soloists 	Jimmy Rowles-Piano ; Stan Getz-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	The Peacocks
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 52975
Release Year 	1977
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

08:06 PM
Let's Fall In Love
Artist Name 	Jimmy Rowles
Composer 	H.Arlen & T. Koehler
Soloists 	Jimmy Rowles-Piano ; Red Mitchell-Bass ; Art Mardigan-Drums
CD/Album 	The Pacific Jazz Piano Trios
Record co./Cat # 	Mosaic Select 019
Release Year 	1954
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

08:10 PM
Never Be The Same
Artist Name 	Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles
Composer 	M.Malneck/F.Signorelli/G.Kahn
Soloists 	Jimmy Rowles-Piano ; Stan Getz-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	The Peacocks
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 52975
Release Year 	1977
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

08:15 PM
Day In Day Out
Artist Name 	Billie Holiday
Composer 	Mercer-Bloom
Soloists 	Jimmy Rowles-Piano ; Billie Holiday-Vocals ; Ben Webster-Tenor
Sax ; Barney Kessel-Guitar ; Harry Edison-Trumpet
CD/Album 	Songs For Distingue Lovers
Record co./Cat # 	Verve 422 815 055-2
Release Year 	1957
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

08:24 PM
Music's The Only Thing That's On My Mind
Artist Name 	Jimmy Rowles and George Mraz
Composer 	Jimmy Rowles
Soloists 	Jimmy Rowles-Piano ; George Mraz-Bass
CD/Album 	Music's The Only Thing That's On My Mind
Record co./Cat # 	Audiophile 188
Release Year 	1976
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

08:28 PM
Love For Sale
Artist Name 	Miles Davis & John Coltrane
Composer 	Cole Porter
Soloists 	Miles Davis-Trumpet ; John Coltrane-Tenor Sax ; Cannonball
Adderley-Alto Sax ; Bill Evans-Piano ; Paul Chambers-Bass ; Jimmy
Cobb-Drums
CD/Album 	The Complete Columbia Recording 1955-61
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 90922
Release Year 	1958

08:41 PM
Gershwin Medley: Soon/For You,For Me, Forevermore/Love Walked In/Our Love
Is Here To Stay
Artist Name 	The Modern Jazz Quartet
Composer 	Gershwin & Gershwin
CD/Album 	Concorde
Record co./Cat # 	Prestige 30653
Release Year 	1955
Note 	Reissue-New

08:50 PM
Lady Be Good
Artist Name 	Jimmy Rowles
Composer 	Gershwin & Gershwin
CD/Album 	The Pacific Jazz Piano Trios
Record co./Cat # 	Mosaic Select 019
Release Year 	1954
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

08:54 PM
Skylark
Artist Name 	Stan Getz presents Jimmy Rowles
Composer 	H.Carmichael / J. Mercer
Soloists 	Jimmy Rowles-Piano ; Stan Getz-Tenor Sax
CD/Album 	The Peacocks
Record co./Cat # 	Columbia/Legacy 52975
Release Year 	1977
Note 	Birthday: JR 8.19.1918

09:01 PM
Farmer's Market
Artist Name 	The Jazztet
Composer 	Art Farmer
Soloists 	Art Farmer-Trumpet ; Benny Golson-Tenor Sax ; Cedar Walton-Piano
CD/Album 	The Complete Argo/Mercury Art Farmer/Benny Golson/Jazztet Sessions
Record co./Cat # 	Mosaic 7-225
Release Year 	1961

09:10 PM
Dearly Beloved
Artist Name 	Peter Yellin
Soloists 	Peter Yellin-Alto Sax ; Michael Wolfe-Piano ; Harvey S-Bass ;
Billy Hart-Drums
CD/Album 	How Long Has This Been Going On?
Record co./Cat # 	Jazzed Media 1037
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

09:17 PM
'Til There Was You
Artist Name 	Cassandra Wilson
Composer 	Meredith Willson
Soloists 	Cassandra Wilson-Vocals ; Marvin Sewell-Guitar ; Jason
Moran-Piano ; Lonnie Plaxico-Bass ; Herlin Riley-Drums
CD/Album 	Loverly
Record co./Cat # 	Blue Note Records 07699
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

09:25 PM
Little M
Artist Name 	Mike LeDonne
Composer 	Mike LeDonne
Soloists 	Mike LeDonne-Piano ; Eric Alexander-Tenor Sax ; Jeremy
Pelt-Trumpet ; John Webber-Bass ; Joe Farnsworth-Drums
CD/Album 	FiveLive
Record co./Cat # 	Savant 2091
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

09:35 PM
Peace
Artist Name 	Kenny Werner Trio
Composer 	Horace Silver
Soloists 	Kenny Werner-Piano
CD/Album 	Peace - Live At The Blue Note
Record co./Cat # 	HalfNote 4517
Release Year 	2004

09:45 PM
I'm Not So Sure
Artist Name 	The Roy Hargrove Quintet
Composer 	Cedar Walton
Soloists 	Roy Hargrove-Trumpet ; Justin Robinson-Alto Sax ; Gerald
Clayton-Piano ; Danton Boller-Bass ; Montez Coleman-Drums
CD/Album 	Earfood
Record co./Cat # 	EmArcy B0010997-02
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

09:51 PM
Wide Awake
Artist Name 	Laszlo Gardony
Composer 	Laszlo Gardony
Soloists 	Laszlo Gardony-Piano
CD/Album 	Dig Deep
Record co./Cat # 	Sunnyside 4008
Release Year 	2008
Note 	New

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio
365 Troy Ave
Colchester, VT 05446

802-654-4343
jazz at vpr.net
www.vpr.net
Mon-Thu 8-10pm,Fri 9pm-mid

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner