[JPL] Dave Matthews Band/LeRoi Moore

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 23:20:45 EDT 2008

I know there are some Matthews Band fans here and I also know these guys have a deep appreciation for jazz. Carter the drummer is a good friend and is a very good jazz drummer as are some of the other members. Their saxophonist LeRoi Moore died today. He was in some sort of terrain vehicle accident a little over a month ago. Made it through and then had complications and ended up at the University of VA Medical Center...a second time. It was bad then but he pulled through again. LeRoi and one other member of the band relocated to LA. He went home and again had complications and this time didn't make it. As I understand it saxophonist Jeff Coffin has replaced him and is touring with the band now.

Jae Sinnett