[JPL] On Green Dolphin Street

Sophia Peron info at jazzinn.com
Wed Aug 20 21:20:20 EDT 2008

It was the song written for a film starring
Van Heflin & Lana Turner set in CA on the Coast

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0039437/

Sophie loved Edmund, but he left town when her parents forced her to
marry wealthy Octavius. Years later, Edmund returns with his son,
William. Sophie's daughter, Marguerite, and William fall in love.
Marguerite's sister, Marianne, also loves William. Timothy, a lowly
carpenter, secretly loves Marianne. He kills a man in a fight, and
Edmund helps him flee to New Zealand. William deserts inadvertently from
the navy, and also flees in disgrace to New Zealand, where he and
Timothy start a profitable business. One night, drunk, William writes
Octavius, demanding his daughter's hand; but, being drunk, he asks for
the wrong sister. / Written by James Barrett
{jbarrett at sbastk.ess.sunysb.edu}
<http://us.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?James%20Barrett%20%7Bjbarrett@sbastk.ess.sunysb.edu%7D>

/