[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Wed August 20

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Aug 20 21:51:36 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wed August 20, 2008

(Duke Pearson) Heavy Legs – Little Johnny C – Johnny Coles – Blue Note –
CDP 7243 8 32129 2 7

(Arnheim, Tobias, Lemare) Sweet and Lovely – Mambo Moves Garner – Erroll
Garner – Mercury – 834 909-2

(Rayre, DePaul) I’ll Remember April – Thad Jones – Debut – OJCCD-625-2

(Monk) 52nd Street Theme – Bop! – Frank Morgan – Telarc – CD-83413

(Lerner, Lane) Come Back to Me / Ronberg, Hammerstein) Lover Come Back to
Me – This Heart of Mine – Jackie Ryan – Open Art Records – OA 07282

(Kenny Burrell) It’s Getting Dark – Bluesy Burrell – Kenny Burrell –
Prestige – OJCCD-926-2

(Rudy Toombs) I’m Still a Fool for You / (Rudy Toombs) One Scotch, One
Bourbon, One Beer / (Shifty Henry) Let Me Go Home Whiskey – Let’s Have a
Party – Amos Milburn – Rev-Ola – CR Band 27

(Edie Barefiekd, Buster Moten) Toby / (Durham, Basie, Moten, Moten) Moten
Swing – Kansas City Powerhouse – Count Basie – Bluebird – 09026-63903-2

8:01 NPR News

(Billy Strayhorn) Johnny Come Lately – For My Father – Hank Jones – Justin
Time – 209-2

(Johnny Mandel, Paul Francis Webster) The Shadow of Your Smile – Eddie
Harris: Greater Than the Sum of His Parts - 32Jazz – 32067

(Gillespie, Paparelli) Night in Tunisia - Monterey Jazz Festival Records
Sampler – Art Blakey and the Giants of Jazz - Monterey Jazz Festival
records – 30992-P2

Here’s to Life - Monterey Jazz Festival Records Sampler – Shirley Horn -
Monterey Jazz Festival records – 30992-P2

(Davis Newman) Esther’s Tune – House of David  - David Fathead Newman –
Rhino / Atlantic – R2 71452

(Paul Carlon) Morro Omim Ma – Roots Propoganda – Paul Carlon Octet – Deep
Tone Records – DT 004

(Simmons, Alvarez, Miller) Shoe Shine – Bionico – Bio Ritmo – Locutor
Records – 003

(Adrian Iaies) Sigilosamente – Vals de La 81st and Columbus – Sunnyside –
SSC 1192

(Lil Green, Big Bill Broonzy) Romance in the Dark  - The Best of Dinah
Washington – Roulette Jazz – CDP 0777 7 99114 2  4

9:01 NPR News

(Bishop, Herman) Woodchopper’s Ball / (Noble) Blue Flame – The Band That
Plays the Blues – 1937-1941 – Woody Herman – Naxos Jazz – 8.120527

Cause My Baby Says It’s So – Frank Newton: The Story of a Forgotten Jazz
Trumpeter – Jasmine records – JASCD 633

(Mike LeDonne) Hands – Five Live – Mike LeDonne – Savant – SCD 2091
((9:03))

(Moross, Latouche) Lazy Afternoon – Before Love Has Gone – Stevie Holland
– 150 Music – 150M09

(Stanley Turrentine) Little Sheri – Look out – Stanley Turrentine – Blue
Note -  CDP 7 46543 2

(Ellington, Mills) The Gal from Joe’s – Four Women: The Nina Simone
Recordings – Verve – 440 065 021-2

(Burnett, Norton, Bregman) My Melancholy Baby – The Real Lee Konitz –
32Jazz – 32157

(Yellen, Magidson, Fain) Something I Dreamed Last Night – Steamin’ with
the Miles Davis Quintet – Prestige – OJCCD-391-2

(Phil Woods) My Man Benny (For Mr. Carter) – Celebration – Phil Woods –
Concord – CCD-4770-2