[JPL] Activate your Email Subscription to: The Jazzcat

thejazzcat at leroydowns.com thejazzcat at leroydowns.com
Fri Aug 22 02:36:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

This is LeRoy Downs of TheJazzcat.net. If you are interested in checking
out the jazz interviews and articles when they are posted, you can go to
TheJazzcat.net and subscribe at the top right corner by entering your
email. You should get an email sent to you so that you can confirm.

I at least post one live jazz interview every week and there are several
articles that you may interested in. I promise you will not be flooded with
emails. You will only receive one when I post something and that something
will be good!

Here is a link on my site that has quite a few interviews of the legends
and the new school cats who are doing it right! Just click and play! I have
been at it for a few years so I am sure that you will see someone that
interests you.

http://www.thejazzcat.net/blog/_archives/2006/1/25/1723474.html

TheJazzcat.net works best when using a browser other than Internet Explorer
but if you must, just wait a few extra seconds and the content will appear.

Thanks to those of you who will take the time to peep it out. I see so many
of my IAJE friends on here and it is wonderful to connect with you all.

This week I am in Chicago for the Jazz Fest that happens next weekend and
off to Detroit for one day, Aug 29th, to hang at their festival!

Since I will be out of town for a couple of weeks I have taped my KKJZ jazz
radio shows early and I can tell you that if you listen, I guarantee you
will enjoy!

Here is a sneak peak for the next two weeks

LeRoy Downs
88.1 FM KKJZ JazzandBlues.org
Sat from 12p - 2pm

Aug 23rd Playlist

1) Charlie Haden - Out of Focus -  The Golden Number - Horizon
2) Grachan Moncour III - New Africa - Explorations - Capri
3) Odean Pope - Trilogy - Epitome - Soul Note
4) George Russell - Honesty - Ezz-thetics - Riverside
5)Lennie Niehaus - If I Should Lose You - The Quintets and Strings -
Contemporary

6) Larry Willis - Thank You Lord - Sanctuary - Sanctuary - Mapleshade
7) Paul Motian Band - Balata - Garden Of Eden - ECM
8) Matthew Shipp - Key Swing - Piano Vortex - Thirsty Ear
9) Jean Michel Pilc - Yemen - Live at the iridium, New York - Dreyfus
10) Alice Coltrane - Ptah, The El Daoud - Ptah, The El Daoud - Impulse
11) Charles Lloyd - When Miss Jessie Sings - Notes to Big Sur - ECM
12) Joe Henderson - Black Narcissus - The Milestone Years - Milestone
13) McCoy Tyner - Contemplation - The Real McCoy - Blue Note
14) Herbie Hancock - Jack Rabbit - The Complete Blue Note Sixties Sessions
- Blue Note

August 30 Playlist

1) Gretchen Parlato - Skylark - Gretchen Parlato - GretchenParlato.com
2) Russell Malone - Don't Point That Over Here - Live at he Jazz Standard
Vol 2 - Max Jazz

3) Anthony Wonsey - The Paper Chase - The Thang - Sharp 9 Records
4) Cindy Blackman - Prince of Darkness - In the Now - High Note
5) Kenny Garrett    -  Calling - Beyond the Wall - Nonesuch Records
6) Stefon Harris     -  Morph - The Grand Unification Theory - Blue Note
7) Jessie Sharpe   -  Peyote Song III - The Gathering - TheGatheringWebsite.com

8) Carmen Lundy   -  Nature Boy - Come Home - Afrasia Productions
9) Curtis Lundy     -  Jaboo's Revenge - Just Be Yourself - Evidence
10) John Beasly -    Bedtime Stories - Letter to Herbie - Resonance Records
11) Anthony Wilson  - Quandra 4 (Javali Witness) - The Power of Nine -
Groove Note

12) Gary Smulyan  -  Speculation - Saxophone Mosaic - Criss Cross
13) Sphere -             Just Friends - Bird Songs - Verve
14) Bobby Hutcherson - Delilah - Skyline - Verve
15) James Carter -      Dodo's Bounce - Present Tense - Emarcy
16) Terri Thornton -    I Believe in You - I Believe in You - Verve

1410 AM KRML KRMLradio.com
"Live with the Jazzcat"
Every Tues 5:15pm - 5:40

This weeks interview on "Live with the Jazzcat" is with Chicago's own Fred
Anderson, co-founder of the AACM.

Peace, Love and Great Jazz Music!

LeRoy Downs