[JPL] Live Richie Cole interview on jazz89KUVO today @ 12; 30pm MTN

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Fri Aug 22 13:01:03 EDT 2008

Richie Cole will be my in-studio guest today on Lunchtime at the Oasis at
appx 12:30pm MTN time, he's back in town to record another session for
Colorado's own Jazz Excursion label, an album that will include a song he
wrote for KUVO. He's also playing Dazzle tommorrow night in conjunction with
local percussionist Jeannine Santana's CD release part, Jeannie like Richie
has stong Trenton NJ roots and has recently been touring and recording with
Richie and he is on her debut recording that also has another Denver
resident, José Madera of the former Tito Puente orchestra, now known as
Latin Giants of Jazz.

Richie will also be part of our Monday night broadcast with WWOZ from
Dazzzle, an all-star jam led by David Amram and many guests of note, Henry
Butler, Terence Blanchard, Allan Harris, Carla Cook, René Marie, George
Porter and others. Becaue they are in Denver we many get visits from home
girl Dianne Reeves, and visitors like Freddy Cole, we also invited Stevie
Wonder to stop by since he is in Denver as well.

www.kuvo.org for more details

Arturo