[JPL] KRFC FT COLLINS 88.9FM --- The 08/22/08 "PlayList" of Peter L. Poses, Host of "OverNight Jazz: The Soundz Of Surprize" --- www.krfcfm.org

Peter Poses pposes at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 19:36:49 EDT 2008

KRFC FT COLLINS  88.9FM --- The 08/15/08 "PlayList" of Peter L. Poses,
Host of "OverNight Jazz: The Soundz Of Surprize" --- www.krfcfm.org

JAZZ is aired on KRFC FT COLLINS. The Jazz Broadcastzz/broadcasterzz
are listed below --- JAZZ is aired four-times weekly:

Peter Poses  --- "OverNight Jazz: The Soundz Of Surprize" - Thurs.,
'Round Midnight - Fri., 6AM --- ([pposes at gmail.com]).
Gene Abkarian's  --- "Mountain Standards Time"   --- Sun. 9 - 11PM
--- ([jctrane at gmail.com]);
Flash's --- "Sounds Of Jazz " - Tues., 10AM - Noon --- ([eflash17 at comcast.net]);
Brian Keefe's  --- "Jazzalicious" --- Thurs., 10PM - "'Round Midnight
--- ([be_kef at yahoo.com])

                                                              *****

The 08/22/08 "PlayList" of djSOS aka Peter L. Poses, Host of
"OverNight Jazz: The Soundz Of Surprize" from 'Round MidNight Thurzz.
to 6AM Fri. on   KRFC FT COLLINS (CO), "Come Together On Home Grown
Community Radio" ---      88.9FM --- www.krfcfm.org --- KRFC FT
COLLINS, 619 S. College Ave., #4, Ft. Collins, CO 80524 ---
303.221.5075. Poses is Associate Editor of  "The Rocky Mountain Jazz
Beat", contributin' a weekly column, "The RMJB/SOS" "(The Soundz Of
Surprize") for www.rockymountainjazz.com, the  Jazz.com for N. CO &
The Front Range,
Ned Radinsky, Publisher/Editor-In-Chief and Jazz Photographer.

                                                              *****

Themezz: democracy, America, & The DNC.

Up-Comin' CO Gigzz:  Richie Cole & Janine Santana (Dazzle, Denver);
Dianne Reeves
(The DNC - Black Caucus Delegation); and Terell Stafford (Vail Jazz Festival).

CO Record Labelzz/CD Releasezz/CO Artistzz: Jiggs Wigham; and The Mark
Masters Ensemble (Capri); Jeff Barone; and Peter Yellin(Jazzed Media);
Jeremy Jones (S-P/JJ Music Records); Richie Cole (Jazz
Excursion); Dianne Reeves (Blue Note/EMI); Tim Wakefield(Pat
Bianchi)(Criss Cross); and Aakash Mittal(S-P).

                                                                *****

 APPROX 76% OF THIS "PLAYLIST" ARE NEW RELEASES = (*NR*); 18% LOCAL = (*L*).

                                                            ---
                                                  (*NR*) --- (*L*)
                                                            ---

 1ST HR. --- ('Round MidNight - 1 AM).

          Sarah Vaughan - 'Round Midnight - Pure Cool: Blue Note
Sampler - Blue Note/Capitol
(*NR*) Ellis Marsailis - Rhythm-N-Ning - an open letter to Thelonious
- ELM Records
(*NR*)( *L*) Jeremy Jones Xtet - Sparkling McLean -  Awakening To Life
- S-P/Jeremy Jones Music
(*NR*) Holly Yarbrough - When The Day Turns Into Night - Mister Roger
Swings- Vintage Discs
(*NR*) Ted Nash - Soldier In The Rain - The Mancini Project - Palmetto
Great Friends - Equipoise - Great Friends (Sonny Fortune, Billy
Harper, Stanley Cowell, Cecil McBee III, & Billy Hart - Evidence
(*NR*) John Pizzareklli - I Have Dreamed - With A Song In My Heart: JP
Sings The Music Of Richard Rogers -  Telarc
(*L*) Jiggs Whigham -  A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square - The
Jiggs Up - Capri

      2ND HR. --- (1 - 2AM).

           The Charlie Haden/Paula Bley Liberation Music Orchestra -
Going Home (from The Largo Movement of Dvorak's
           New World Symphony) - Not In Our Name - Verve
(*NR/R-I*)Sonny Rollins -  The House I Live In - Rollins Plays For
Bird  - Prestige/Concord
          Oscar Brown, Jr. - Opporunity, Please Knock - Kicks! The
Best Of OBJ - BGP/Sony
(*NR*) Jessica Williams - A Blessing In Disguise - Songs For The 21ST
Century - Origin
(*NR*) Andrea Brachfeld - Karawak Dreams - Into The World: A Musical
Offering - S-P/Shaneye Records
(*NR*) Mike Garson - Interlude I  -  Conversation With My Family - Resonance
(*NR*) Mike Garson - Lullabye For Our Daughters -  Conversation With
My Family - Resonance
(*NR*) Mike Garson - Interlude II  -  Conversation With My Family - Resonance
(*NR*) Rosa Passos - Preciso Aprender A Ser So  - Romance  - Telarc
(*L*) Richie Cole - Garden In The Moonlight - Rise's Rose Garden -
Jazz Excursion

3RD HR. --- (2AM - 3AM).

          Gerald Wilson Jazz Orchestra - Milestones - New York New
Sound - Mack Ave Records
(*NR*) Oscar Utterstrom - Light Persists -  Home - Right Turn Records
          Chris Calloway  - Come Rain Or Come Shine - Live! At Espiritu - S-P
(*NR*) David Berger Octet -  Blvd Of Broken Dreams - I Had The
Craziest Dream: The Music Of Harry Warren - Such Sweet    Thunder
(*NR*) JoeBaione -  Down Fuzz - Oh Yeah!  - S-P
(*NR*) Matt Ulery's  Loom  - Pink Sea & Wondering Without - Music Box
Ballerina - WoolGatheringMusic
(*NR*) Myriam Alter - Sept 11TH - Where Is There - Enja/Justin Time
(*NR*) Steve Kahn - You Stepped Out Of A Dream - The Green Field -
Tone Center Records
(*NR*) Cassandra Wilson - Sleepin' Bee - Loverly - Blue Note/EMI

        4TH HR. --- (3AM - 4AM).

(*NR*)  CNY (Central New York) Jazz Orchestra - Mr. Sandman - Then,
Now, & Again - S-P/CNY Jazz
(*NR*) John McLaughlin - Five Peace Band - Floating Point - Media
Starz/Abstract Logix
(*NR*) Lisa Hilton - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - Sunny Day Theory  - Ruby
Slippers Records
(*NR*)(*L*) Aakash Mittal's The Band In The Mittal - Choices & Changes
- Possible Beginnings - S-P
(*NR*) Paul Carlon Octet - Hard Times Killin' Floor Blues - Roots
Propoganda - Deep Tone
(*NR*) Beegie Adair - Change Partners - Dancing In The Dark: The Music
Of Fred Astaire - Green Hill
(*NR*) Kurt Elling - Change Partners/If You Never Come To Me - Night
Moves - Concord
(*NR*) Tom Beckham - Tiny Star - Rebound - Apria Records

5TH HR. - (4AM - 5AM)

(*NR*) Arturo O'Farrill - Starry Nights -  Song For Chico - ZoHo
(*NR*)(*L*) Dianne Reeves - Windmills Of Your Mind - When You Know -
Blue Note/EMI
(*NR*) The Brazilian Trio - Montreux -  Forests - ZoHo
(*NR*)(*L*) Jeff Barone - I Hear Music - Open Up! - Jazzed Media
(*NR*) Ernie Watts - Nightscape - Live! At The Jazz Bakery: To The
Point - Flying Dolphin Records
(*NR*) Norma Winstone - Remembering The Start Of A Never Ending Story
- Distances- ECM Records
(*NR*)(*L*) Tim Warfield -  Cristo Redentor - One For Shirley - Criss Cross
(*NR*) Sonny Criss  - Black Coffee - RVG Remasters Sampler - Prestige/Concord

      6TH HR. (5 - 6AM)

(*NR*) Rob Parton's JAZZTECH BIG BAND  - Heads Up - Just One Of Those
Things - Sea Breeze Records
(*NR*) Matt Belsante - Beyond The Sea - Blame It On My Youth - Green Hill
(*NR*) Nicholas Payton - Drucilla - Into The Blue - Nonesuch
(*NR*) Holly Yarbrough - This Is Just The Day - Mister Roger Swings-
Vintage Discs
(*NR*) Revolutionary Snake Ensemble - Under The Skin - Forked Tongue - Cuneiform
(*NR*) (*L*)Mark Master's Ensemble - Adieu Mon Redman -  Farewell
Walter Dewey Redman - Capri
          Monty Alexander - Hurricane Come & Gone - Caribbean Circle - Chesky
(*NR*) Bob Thiele  - What A Wonderful World - What A Wonderful World -
Red Baron/Sony
(*NR*) Matt Wilson's Arts & Crafts Band - We See - The Scenic Route  - Palmetto
          George Adams - America The Beautiful - America  - Blue
Note/Somethin' Else Records
(*NR*) Steve Wynn Quartet - Fernando - The Baseball Project, V. I:
Frozen Ropes & Dying Quails - Yep Roc --- N.B:  This
          is a Rock 'N' Roll release.
                                                          *****

The 08/22/08 "PlayList" of djSOS aka Peter L. Poses, Host of
"OverNight  Jazz: The Soundz Of Surprize" from 'Round MidNight Thurzz.
to 6AM Fri. on  KRFC FT. COLLINS (CO), "Come Together On HomeGrown
Community Radio ---  88.9FM --- www.krfcfm.org--- KRFC FT COLLINS, 619
S. College Ave., #4,  Ft. Collins, CO 80524 --- 303.221.5075. Poses
--- Peter at rockymountainjazz.com or pposes at gmail.com --- is the
Associate Editor of "The Rocky Mountain Jazz Beat", contributin' a
weekly column, "The RMJB/SOS" ("The Soundz Of Surprize") --- "The
Rocky
Mountain Jazz Beat" ---  www.rockymountainjazz.com --- is the Jazz.com
for N. CO & The Front Range. Ned Radinsky, Publisher/Editor-In-Chief
and Jazz Photographer. UTNG (Until The Next Gig), dig, djSOS aka Peter
L. Poses