[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Cafe Jazz Aug 18,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 24 10:43:40 EDT 2008

Playlist for Café Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Aug 18,2008

Part of our " Melodic Monday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Café Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 8PM

Playlist for Aug 18, 2008

Hour 1

SCOTT WHITFIELD JAZZ ORCHESTRA WEST - "Moonlight In Vermont" - The Minute Game - (Summit)

DAVID THORNE SCOTT - "The Song Is You" - DYAD - (indep)

EVA CASSIDY - "Cheek To Cheek" - Live at Blues Alley - (indep)

KEMBA COFIELD - "Mangy Joe" - Shades of Kemba - (indep)

FREDDY COLE - "Take a Little Time to Smile" - Merry Go Round - (Telarc)

PATTI AUSTIN - "Porgy and Bess Medley" - Avant Gershwin - (Rendevous)

DEE DEE BRIDGEWATER - "Doodlin" - Love and Peace - (Verve)

Hour 2

TIERNEY SUTTON - "The Lady Is A Tramp" - I'm With the Band - (Telarc)

DEBORAH BROWN - "Since I Fell For You" - Jazz 4Jazz - (indep)

GRADY TATE - "It Might As Well Be Spring" - From the Heart - (Halfnote)

QUEEN LATIFAH - "Don't Cry Baby" - Travelin Light - (Verve)

BILLIE HOLIDAY - "Tain't Nobody's Business If I Do" - The Jazz Singers - (Smithsonian)

DOROTHY DORING - "That Old Black Magic" - Southern Exposure - (indep)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "Embraceable You" - Best Of - (Group 7)

JANINE GILBERT CARTER - "All of Me" - The Song Is You - Live - (Jazz Karma)

LAINIE COOKE - "I Want to Talk About You" - It's Always You - (indep)

DAVE FRISHBERG - "I Was Ready" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Café Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM