[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Aug 23,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 24 11:10:22 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Aug 23,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Aug 23, 2008

Hour 1

BILL PROUTEN - "Parallel Bars" - Low Down No Good - (indep)

GEOF BRADFIELD - "Ever Ever Land" - Urban Nomad - (Origin)

TAYLOR/FIDYK BIG BAND - "Granada Smoothie" - A Perfect Match - (indep)

J.J JOHNSON - "Boneology" - Savoy Sessions - (Savoy)

CHARLES EARLAND - "Blowin the Blues Away" - The Mighty Burner - (Highnote)

HOWARD RUMSEY'S LIGHTHOUSE ALL STARS - "Aquarium" - West Coast Jazz Box Set - (Contemporary)

MONTY ALEXANDER - "Jumpin At Capitol" - Impressions in Blue - (Telarc)

JIMMY BRUNO - "Benny's Tune" - Solo - (Mel Bay)

LINDA DACHTYL - "Trouble" - For Hep Cats - (Chicken Coup)

FELICIA CARTER - "Just In Time" - Feather/Step Lightly - (Alberta Music)

Hour 2

HENRY BUTLER - "Mother In Law" - PiaNOLA Live - (Basin Street)

SCOTT WHITFIELD - "If You Can't Call Don't Come" - Hiding in Plain Sight - (Amosaya)

JIMMY SMITH - "Confirmation" - The Sermon - (Blue Note)

ERIC ALEXANDER - "Soft Winds" - Alexander the Great - (Highnote)

ART FARMER/BENNY GOLSON JAZZTET - "Serenata" - Complete Argo/Mercury Sessions - (Mosaic)

MAX PERKOFF BAND - "Infinite Search" - Infinite Search - (indep)

RON DISALVIO - "Essence of Green" - Essence of Green - (Origin)

AFFINITY - "Steppin with H&B" - Route 66 - (Rhombus)

Hour 3

SUSIE ARIOLI BAND - "Now I Know" - That's For Me - (Justin Time)

GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND - "It Was A Very Good Year" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

JANE MONHEIT - "Taking a Chance On Love" - Taking a Chance On Love - (Sony)

CURTIS STIGERS - "Night Owl" - Very Emotional - (Concord)

JANINE GILBERT CARTER - "At Last" - At Last - (Jazz Karma)

LAURA COYLE - "I Didn't Know What Time It Was" - self titled - (Indep)

GINGER AND SCOTT - "You Inspire Me" - Dreamsville - (indep)

ANNIE SELLICK - "Cafe 123" - You Inspire Me - (indep)

RICK BLESSING - "The Girl On the Next Floor Up" - I'm Just the Guy For You - (indep)

CONNIE EVINGSON/DAVE FRISHBERG - "I Want to Be a Sideman" - Little Did I Dream - (Minnehaha)

FRANK SINATRA - "It Happened in Monterey" - Songs for Swingin' Lovers - (Capitol)

OSCAR BROWN JR - "Work Song" - Sin and Soul - (Sony)

MOSE ALLISON - "That's Your Red Wagon" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Hour 4

HORACE SILVER - "Doodlin" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

CLIFFORD BROWN/MAX ROACH QUINTET - "What Is This Thing Called Love" - At Basin Street - (Emarcy)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "I Love You" - New Jazz Conceptions - (Riverside)

MAURICE BROWN - "Anazou" - Hip to Bop - (Indep)

SHOOK/RUSSO TRIO - "Butician" - Introducing The FAB Trio - (Summit)

DAVE BRUBECK - "Stardust" - Jazz Goes to College - (OJC)

WILL SCRUGGS JAZZ FELLOWSHIP - "Swingin To The Left" - Blue Bari Jam - (Summit)

BRUCE BARTH - "Riding Off" - East and West - (Maxjazz)

DOUG HAMILTON JAZZ BAND - "Day By Day" - self titled - (Origin)

Hour 5

BRIAN BROMBERG - "Buddha Belly" - It's About Time The Acoustic Project - (Nova)

MONTY ALEXANDER - "Slappin" - Live at the Iridium - (Telarc)

LENORE RAPHAEL - "Joy Spring" - Invitation - (Swingin Fox)

KIM PREVOST AND BILL SOLLEY - "Giant Steps" - Just in Time - (indep)

LARRY BARKER - "Ray of Hope" - Offerings - (indep)

PHIL WOODS LITTLE BIG BAND - "Which Way Is Uptown" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

RAY BARRETTO - "Ivy" - Standards Rican-ditioned - (Zoho)

OSCAR PETERSON TRIO - "Tea for Two" - The Song Is You - Best of Verve Years - (Verve)

DUKE ELLINGTON - "Cotton Tail" - The Blanton Webster Band - (Bluebird)

Hour 6

MILES DAVIS - "So What" - Kind of Blue - (Sony)

DUKE PEARSON - "Scrap Iron" - The Right Touch - (Blue Note)

PETER PAULSEN SEXTET - "Change of Scenery" - Change of Scenery - (Wahbo)

WALTER DAVIS JR - "Loodle-Lot" - Davis Cup - (Blue Note)

CLAIRE DALY - "You Make Me Feel So Young" - Swing Low - (indep)

GARY MOTLEY - "Once I Loved" - Everything I Own - (GMM)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Blues Five Spot" - Monk's Dream - (Sony)

SUN RA AND HIS ASTRO INFINITY ARKESTRA - "Round Midnight" - Sound Sun Pleasure - (Evidence)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM