[JPL] WLNZ Vinyl Side Playlist - Detroit International Jazz Festival 2008

MICHAEL P STRATTON dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 24 13:57:56 EDT 2008

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of
Midnight, which can be heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the
Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in
internationally on the web on www.wlnz.org - hosted by
Mike Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern
Standard Time
Feel free to forward this to friends.
If you’ve received this and would like to be removed
from the list simply contact me at
dreamtrane at sbcglobal.net
You can use that same address for promotional
information.
For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com

8/24/08

The 2008 Detroit International Jazz Festival: A Love
Supreme

On Sunday night join the festival’s executive
director, Terri Pontremoli and myself as we spin
through a ton of great music. We’ll talk about the
history of the festival, the new direction, Christian
McBride and the most awesome assemblage of musicians
and sets and tributes I’ve ever seen at a jazz
festival. Did I mention it’s free? Tune in and get a
taste. To check out the excellent web site and
complete schedule, see http://www.detroitjazzfest.com/

See you in Detroit!

Set List:

Interview w/Terri Pontremoli (throughout the night)
Carl Allen/Rodney Whitaker Project - Get Ready; BEST
OF DJF 2007; Mack Avenue

2007 headliners
Regina Carter - Pavane pour use infante defunte;
PAGANINI: AFTER A DREAM; Verve
Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage; MAIDEN VOYAGE; Blue
Note

2008 artists
The Philadelphia Experiment (featuring Christian
McBride & Pat Martino) - THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERMIMENT;
Mack Avenue promo (DJF)
James Carter - Layin’ In The Cut; LAYIN’ IN THE CUT;
Atlantic

Esperanza Spalding - Espera; MACK AVENUE RECORDS promo
(DJF)
Robin Eubanks - Mojo Jojo; MACK AVENUE RECORDS promo
(DJF)
Russell Malone/Grace Kelly - Up South; BEST OF DJF
2007; Mack Avenue

Kenny Burrell - It’s A Wonderful World; BEST OF...;
Prestige
Dianne Reeves - Just My Imagination; WHEN YOU KNOW;
Blue Note
Hot Club Of Detroit - I Want To Be Happy; NIGHT TOWN;
Mack Avenue

The Derek Trucks Band - Afro Blue; SOUL SERENADE;
Columbia
Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Compared To What?; SWISS
MOVEMENT; Rhino

The Jimmy Heath Big Band - Project S; MACK AVENUE
RECORDS promo (DJF)
Gerald Wilson Orchestra - Equinox; NEW YORK NEW SOUND;
Mack Avenue

Benny Golsen - Killer Joe; MACK AVENUE RECORDS promo
(DJF)
Kenny Garrett - Calling; BEYOND THE WALL; Nonesuch

Christian McBride - Technicolor Nightmare; LIVE AT THE
TONIC; Rope A Dope
Roy Hargrove - Hardgroove; THE RH FACTOR; Verve

Alice Coltrane - Journey In Satchidananda; JOURNEY IN
SATCHIDANANDA; Impulse
John Coltrane - Acknowledgment; A LOVE SUPREME; Impulse