[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 8/24

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Aug 26 14:36:15 EDT 2008

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Vanguard Jazz Orchestra   Mornin' Reverend

                                                                Monday Night
Live           Planet Arts

Bob Mintzer    Someday, My Prince Will Come     Swing Out        MCG

Rick Wald        Prince of Darkness         Play That Thing
Glowbow

City Jazz Orchestra     Eighty-One     Then, Now and Again           CNY
Jazz

Houston Person-Ron Carter   Lover Man    Just Between Friends   High Note

Scott Hamilton      Save Your Love for Me   Across the Tracks      Concord

Mike LeDonne               After the Rain              Early Trane
High Note

Cedar Walton           John's Blues           Seasoned Wood
High Note

1:00AM

Chip White              Lee                        Double Dedication
Dark Colors

Chip White       Bossa for Lee                          "
"

Lee Morgan         Nostalgia          Introducing Lee Morgan
Savoy

Lee Morgan           Mogie                     Here's Lee Morgan
Koch

Lee Morgan      Triple Track                   Expoobident
Koch

Freddie Hubbard      Up Jumped Spring   On the Real Side
4Q/Times Square

Herbie Hancock   Survival of the Fittest      Maiden Voyage           Blue
Note

Freddie Hubard           For B. P.             High Pressure Blues
Koch

2:00AM

David Sanborn      St. Louis Blues            Here and Gone
Decca

Cannonball Adderley        Sam's Tune           At Newport
Pablo

Hank Crawford-Jimmy McGriff    Back at the Chicken Shack

                                                                   Right
Turn on Blue         Telarc

Tim Warfield       Oasis             One for Shirley
Criss-Cross

Shirley Scott         Roll 'em    Oliver Nelson Big Band Sessions
Mosaic

Shirley Scott    For Dancers Only                        "
"

Aaron Parks      Peaceful Warrior        Invisible Cinema
Blue Note

Kenny Barron        Calypso                 The Traveler
Sunnyside

3:00AM

Don Braden                Gentle Storm                 (same)
High Note

David Sanchez    La Leyenda del Canaveral

                                                Cultural Survival
Concord

Sonny Rollins             Freedom Suite       Keepnews Sampler
Riverside

David Murray-Mal Waldron      Hurray for Herbie    Silence            Justin
Time

4:00AM

Giuseppi Logan       Bleecker Partita               Quartet
ESP-Disk'

Henry Grimes            The Call                           (same)
ESP-Disc'

Keefe Jackson                Titled                            (same)
Delmark

Jason Kao Hwang     Cloud Call              Stories Before Within
Innova

Ernie Krivda      Song of Aragon             Art of the Trio
CIMP

5:00AM

Vanguard Jazz Orchestra   Las Cucarachas entran.

                                                                Monday Night
Live           Planet Arts

Clark Terry-Louie Bellson    Give Me the Good Time

                           Louie and Clark Expedition 2
Percussion Power

Bob Mintzer       My Shining Hour            Swing Out
MCG

Doug Hamilton      By Myself          Doug Hamilton Jazz Band      OA2

David Berger   I'm an Old Cowhand   I Had the Craziest Dream    Such Sweet
Thunder

Joshua Redman  I'm an Old Cowhand               Back East
Nonesuch

Beegie Adair          Pick Yourself Up          Dancing in the Dark
Green Hill

Hank Jones            Lotus Blossom               For My Father
Justin Time

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV