[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 08-27-08

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Wed Aug 27 16:05:34 EDT 2008

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 08-27-08

    HOUR ONE

Theme

  BREAK

Jeff Barone - New Samba - Open Up (Jazzed Media) [C]
Brazilian Trio - Samba Alegre - Forests (Zoho) [C]
John Stein - Dindi - Encounterpoint (Whaling City Sound) [C]
Cassandra Wilson - Black Orpheus - Loverly (Blue Note) [C]
Steve Kroon - Brazilian Sugar - El Mas Alla (Beyond) (Kroonatune) [C][a]
Luciana Souza - God Only Knows - The New Bossa Nova (Verve)
Luciana Souza - Waters Of March - The New Bossa Nova (Verve)
Lisa Hilton - Skylark - Sunny Day Theory (Ruby Slippers Productions) [C]
Sonny Rollins - St. Thomas - Saxophone Colossus (Prestige)

  BREAK

Willy's NYC Salsa Project - A Las Seis - Lo Que Traigo Yo (Latin
Street) [C]

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

Esperanza Spaulding - Cuerpo y Alma (Body & Soul) - Esperanza (Heads
Up) [C]
Bridge Quartet - Milestones - Day (Origin) [C]
Tim Warfield - Cristo Redentor / Calvary - One For Shirley (Criss Cross
Jazz) [C]
Alma Micic - Holy, Holy, Holy - The Hours (CTA) [C]

  BREAK

Kim Richmond Ensemble - Never Let Me Go - Live At Cafe Metropol
(Origin)
Roberta Gambarini & Hank Jones - Something To Live For - You Are There
(Emarcy)
Janis Mann - Someone To Light Up My Life - A Perfect Time: Drummers And
Other Friends (Pancake) [C]

  BREAK

David Berger Octet - I Only Have Eyes For You - I Had The Craziest
Dream: The Music Of Harry Warren (Such Sweet Thunder) [C]

  BREAK