[JPL] taintradio.org - tonight in taint town live 8-27-08 (matinee edition)

Bob Rogers taintradio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:04:38 EDT 2008

taintradio.org - an international alliance of independent producers
tonight in taint town live 8-27-08 (matinee edition)
monday & wednesday 8pm-mid. (EDT); other nights mid.-4am

8pm
Jim White, Diamonds to Coal (Transnormal Skiperoo)
Conjure, Betty Ball's Blues (Music for the texts of Ishmael Reed)
Jessie Mae Hemphill, Brokenhearted Blues (Feeling Good)
Fenton Robinson, I Hear Some Blues Downstairs (Crucial Chicago Blues)
Wayne Horvitz & Zony Mash, Cadillac Ranch (Brand Spankin' New)
Las Ondes Marteles, intro/Y Despues De Todo (Homenage a Miguel Angel Ruiz)
Kari Bremnes, A Lover in Berlin (Norwegian Mood)
Moutin Reunion Quartet, Elle Aime (Red Moon)
Eri Yamamoto, title track (Redwoods)
Sonny Criss Orchestra feat. Horace Tapscott, Ballad for Samuel (Sonny's
Dream: Birth of the New Cool)
Orrin Evans, Dawn Marte (Meant to Shine)

9pm
Kate McGarry, Let's Face the Music (If Less Is More...Nothing Is Everything)
Tim Warfield, Tokyo Girl (One For Shirley)
John Coltrane, Wise One (Crescent)
Kenny Wheeler & John Taylor, Squiggles (Where Do We Go From Here?)
Thad Jones & Mel Lewis, Big Dipper (Central Park North)
Charlie Haden Quartet West, Deep Song w/Billie Holiday (Haunted Heart)
Luciana Souza, Waters of March (The New Bossa Nova)
John Lurie, Mannie & Lo Main Titles (African Swim & Mannie & Lo)
Nancy King & Steve Christofferson, I Didn't Know What Time It Was (Dream
Lands, vol. 2: the CBC Sessions)

10pm
Michael Moore & Fred Hersch, title track (This We Know)
Greg Chako, All Roads Lead Home (Everybody's Got a Name)
Joe Lovano, Duke Ellington's Sound of Love (Symphonica: the Cologne
Broadcasts)
Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble, Jazz to Hip Hop (Cape Town Shuffle:
Live at Hothouse)
Andrew Hill, Plantation Rag (Passing Ships)
Aaron Parks, Harvesting Dance (Invisible Cinema)

11pm
The Cinematic Orchestra w/Fontella Bass, Evolution (Every Day)
Salif Kieta, Daken-Fe (Folon)
Sam Cooke, I'll Come Running Back to You (Specialty Records Greatest Hits)
Wendell Harrison & Mama's Licking Stick Clarinet Ensemble, Pamela's Holiday
(Rush & Hustle)
Gabriela Montero, Bach: Cantata 208 (Bach & Beyond)
Kenny Werner, Hedwig's Theme (Democracy: Live at the Blue Note)
Ted Nash, The Cubist (In the Loop)
Red Pocket, The Way It Is (Thick)
Ben Sidran, Gotta Serve Somebody (Cien Noches)
James Carter, Rapid Shave (Present Tense)

--
Bob Rogers
taintradio.org (music 24/7 on the Internet)
taintradio at gmail.com
919.413.4126