[JPL] Garaj Mahal

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 13:07:24 EDT 2008

Has anyone checked this CD out? If you're a Bad Plus, Soulive or MMW fan you might want to get into this one. Personally I'm not but the difference with this release is that it's considerably hipper...musically... than any of those groups. Many parts of it have that early Headhunters vibe. Serious straight eighth grooves but with very interesting harmonic structures and melodic movement. For variation in your programming this one fits for sure in my view. Anyone know who's working it? I'm assuming the title is "Woot."

Jae Sinnett