[JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Thursday 28 August 2008; 2 PM to 4 PM Pacific

Ron J Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Thu Aug 28 19:10:18 EDT 2008

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist
Thursday, August 28, 2008
2 PM to 4 PM Pacific
   Artist / Song Title / Album Title (Label)
*         Archie Shepp & Horace Parlan / Amazing Grace / Goin’ Home
(SteepleChase)
*         Lonnie Liston Smith / Let Us Go Into The House Of The Lord /
Astral Traveling (Bluebird)
*         Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes / Peace / Expansions
(Flying Dutchman)
*         Pharoah Sanders / Astral Traveling / Thembi (Impulse)
*         Shelly Manne / Scavenger / Mannekind (Mainstream)
*         Mathias Eick / The Door / The Door (ECM)
*         Wolfert Brederode / Empty Room / Currents (ECM)
*         Keith Jarrett / Forget Your Memories [and They’ll Remember You] /
Birth (Atlantic)
*         Tower Of Power / Funk The Dumb Stuff / Monster On A Leash (Epic)
*         Tom Waits / Emotional Weather Report / Nighthawks At The Diner
(Asylum)
*         Cannonball Adderley / Jive Samba / Jazz Workshop Revisited
(Capitol)
*         Carmen McRae / Dear Ruby [Ruby, My Dear] / The Collected Carmen
McRae (RCA)
*         Yusef Lateef / Why Do I Love You? / Psychicemotus (Impulse)
*         Ornette Coleman / Broad Way Blues / New York Is Now (Blue Note)
*         Albert Ayler / Free At Last / The Impulse Story (Impulse)
*         John Coltrane / Your Lady / Coltrane Live At Birdland (Impulse)
*         Aaron Parks / Karma / Invisible Cinema (Palmetto)
Send Submissions for Airplay to:
Gallery 41
PO Box 8415
Berkeley, CA 94707
Recent adds to our Playlist/Rotation
Live Broadcasts (check schedule)
Streaming and available 24/7/365:
*         Kenny Barron / The Traveler (Sunnyside)
*         Pete Zimmer / Chillin’ Live (Tippin’)
*         Todd Sickafoose / Tiny Resistors (Cryptogramophone)
*         Aaron Parks / Invisible Cinema (Blue Note)
*         Cassandra Wilson / Loverly (Blue Note)
*         Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis / Two Men With The Blues (Blue
Note)
*         Bennie Maupin / Early Reflections (Cryptogramophone)
*         David Sanborn / Here & Gone (Decca)
*         Myriam Alter / Where Is There (Enja)
*         Dan Heck / Compositionality (Origin)
*         Ehud Asherie / Swing Set (PosiTone)
*         Doug Hamilton Jazz Band (OA2)
*         Joe Magnarelli / Persistence (Reservoir)
*         Jeff Barone / Open Up (Jazzed Media)
*         Wolfert Brederode / Currents (ECM)
*         Mathias Eick / The Door (ECM)
*         Michael Moore & Fred Hersch / This We Know (Palmetto)
*         Don Braden / Gentle Storm (High Note)
*         Roy Hargrove / Earfood (Emarcy)
*         Al Green / Lay It Down (Blue Note)
*         Matt Ulery’s Loom / Music Box Ballerina (Woolgathering)
*         Glenn White / Sacred Machines (OA2)
*         Geof Bradfield / Urban Nomad (Origin)
*         David Ashkenazy / Resonation (PosiTone)
Ron Pelletier - “Jazz from Gallery 41”
Streaming 24/7 & Broadcasting Live From Our Studios
Overlooking The San Francisco Bay
Check Our Broadcast Schedule For Times
Looking forward.
Ron J. Pelletier