[JPL] Playlist: Jazz from Gallery 41; Friday 29 August 2008; 2 PM to 4 PM Pacific

Ron J Pelletier ron.pelletier at gallery41.com
Fri Aug 29 19:11:32 EDT 2008

Jazz from Gallery 41 Playlist
Friday, August 29, 2008
2 PM to 4 PM Pacific
   Artist / Song Title / Album Title (Label)
*         Max Roach / Equipoise / Members Don’t Git Weary (Atlantic)
*         Woody Shaw / In A Capricornian Way / Stepping Stones (Columbia)
*         David Sanborn / Brother Ray / Here & Gone (Decca)
*         Ray Charles / Booty-Butt / My Kind Of Jazz (Rhino re-issue)
*         Derek Trucks / Drown In My Own Tears / Soul Serenade (Columbia)
*         Saluting his marvelous performance at Obama’s historical DNC
event:  Stevie Wonder / I Am Singing \ If It’s Magic \ As \ Another Star /
Songs In The Key Of Life (Motown)
*         Billy Harper / Call Of The Wild And Peaceful Heart / Black Saint
(Black Saint)
*         John Coltrane / A Love Supreme (Acknowledgement \ Resolution \
Pursuance \ Psalm) / A Love Supreme (Impulse)
Send Submissions for Airplay to:
Gallery 41
PO Box 8415
Berkeley, CA 94707
Recent adds to our Playlist/Rotation
Live Broadcasts (check schedule)
Streaming and available 24/7/365:
*         Joe Locke / Force Of Four (Origin)
*         Kenny Barron / The Traveler (Sunnyside)
*         Pete Zimmer / Chillin’ Live (Tippin’)
*         Todd Sickafoose / Tiny Resistors (Cryptogramophone)
*         Aaron Parks / Invisible Cinema (Blue Note)
*         Cassandra Wilson / Loverly (Blue Note)
*         Willie Nelson & Wynton Marsalis / Two Men With The Blues (Blue
Note)
*         Bennie Maupin / Early Reflections (Cryptogramophone)
*         David Sanborn / Here & Gone (Decca)
*         Myriam Alter / Where Is There (Enja)
*         Dan Heck / Compositionality (Origin)
*         Ehud Asherie / Swing Set (PosiTone)
*         Doug Hamilton Jazz Band (OA2)
*         Joe Magnarelli / Persistence (Reservoir)
*         Jeff Barone / Open Up (Jazzed Media)
*         Wolfert Brederode / Currents (ECM)
*         Mathias Eick / The Door (ECM)
*         Michael Moore & Fred Hersch / This We Know (Palmetto)
*         Don Braden / Gentle Storm (High Note)
*         Roy Hargrove / Earfood (Emarcy)
*         Al Green / Lay It Down (Blue Note)
*         Matt Ulery’s Loom / Music Box Ballerina (Woolgathering)
*         Glenn White / Sacred Machines (OA2)
*         Geof Bradfield / Urban Nomad (Origin)
*         David Ashkenazy / Resonation (PosiTone)
Ron Pelletier - “Jazz from Gallery 41”
Streaming 24/7 & Broadcasting Live From Our Studios
Overlooking The San Francisco Bay
Check Our Broadcast Schedule For Times
Looking forward.
Ron J. Pelletier