[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 8/31/08

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:50:58 EDT 2008

WWSP JAZZ/WORLD REPORT for week of 8/31/08

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
4 or more spins

5 Kenny Barron – The Traveler – Sunnyside
5 Walter Becker – Circus Money – 5 Over 12
4 David Berger Octet –  I Had The Craziest Dream – Such Sweet Thunder
5 Don Braden – Gentle Storm – HighNote
5 Brazilian Trio – Forests – zoho
4 Greg Chako – Everybody’s Got A Name – CP Records
5 Anna Estrada - Sonando Vuelos – Ferel Flight
4 Dick Hyman – Thinking About Bix – Reference Recordings
4 Steven Kroon – El Mas Alla (Beyond) – Kroonatunes
4 David Leonhardt Trio – Explorations – Big Bang Records
5 Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra – The Scent Of Light – Spiral Subwave
4 Rebecca Martin – The Growing Season – Sunnyside
4 Bob Mintzer Big Band – Swing Out – MCG
4 Michael Moore & Fred Hersch – This We Know – Palmetto
5 Ted Nash – The Mancini Project – Palmetto
4 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
4 Aaron Parks – Invisible Cinema – Blue Note
5 John Pizzarelli – With A Song In My Heart – Telarc
4 Vinho Do Porto Trio – Selftitled – MCG
4 Mark Prince – Fraction Of Infinity – Contourrecords
5 David Sanborn – Here & Gone – Decca
4 John Stein – En counter point – Whaling City Sound
4 Willy Torres – Lo Que Traigo Yo – Latin Street
5 Various – Monterey Jazz Festival – MJF/Concord
5 Various – RVG Prestige Remasters – Prestige/Concord
5 Elio Villafranca Quartet – The Source In Between – Ceiba Tree Music
5 Cedar Walton – Seasoned Wood - HighNote

2 – 3 spins

2 Froy Aagre – Countryside – Offbeat
3 William Ash – Skyline Dreams – Positone
2 Ehud Asherie – Swing Set - Positone
2 David Askenazy Quartet – Resonation
3 Joe Baione – Oh Yeah! – Self Produced
2 Blink - The Epidemic Of Ideas – Thirsty Ear
3 Andrea Brachfeld – Into the World: A Musical Offering – Shaneye Records
2 Wolfert Brederode Quartet – Currents – ECM
2 Paul Carlon Octet – Roots Propaganda – Deep Tone Records
2 Sharel Cassity – Just For You – DW Records
2 Pat Coil Sextet – Bird House – Liberty Hill
2 George Colligan – Runaway – Sunnyside
2 Brian Cullman – All Fires The Fire – Sunnyside
3 James Danderfer Group – Accelerated Development – Cellar Live
2 Dimartino/Osland Jazz Orch.- Quotient – Sea Breeze
2 Dominique Di Piazza Trio – Princess Sita
2 Rita Edmond – Sketches Of A Dream – Self Produced
3 Mathias Eick – The Door – ECM
2 Carlos Franzetti – Film Noir – Sunnyside
3 Chris Greene Quartet – Soul & Science 2: Electric Boogaloo – Self Produced
3 Jeff Hackworth – Where The Blue Begins – Big Bridge Music
3 Doug Hamilton Jazz Band – Self Titled – OA2
3 Dan Heck – Compositionality – Origin
2 Nicole Henry – The Very Thought Of You – Bannister Records
2 Lisa Hilton – Sunny Day Theory – Ruby Slippers
2 Diane Hoffman – My Little French Dancer – Self Produced
3 Gordon Johnson – GJ4 – Tonalities
2 Kelley Johnson – Home – Sapphire
2 Jessica Jones Quartet – Word – New Artists
2 Ron Kalina & Jim Self – The Odd Couple – Basset Hound Records
2 Latches – Selftitled – Sunnyside
2 B.J. Levy - Peoples Band & Congress Of Musicians – Self Produced
2 Leslie Lewis – Of Two Minds – Surf Cove Jazz
2 Erica Lindsay Quartet – Yes – ARC
3 Joe LoCasio – Ghosts – Blue Bamboo Music
3 Joe Magnarelli – Persistence – Reservoir
3 Janis Mann – Drummers & Other Friends – Pancake Records
3 Court Mast – Sausalito Summer – Jazz Vista
3 Robin McKelle – Modern Antique – Cheap Lullaby Records
2 Adam Niewood & His Rabble Rousers – Epic Journey Vols. 1 & 2 – Innova
2 Jamie Ousley – O Sorriso Dela – Self Produced
2 William Parker – Double Sunrise Over Neptune – AUM
3 Yan Pevzner – Forward Motion – Arabesque Jazz
2 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform
2 Cathy Rocco – You’re Gonna Here From Me – Resonance
3 Ben Sidran Hammond Quartet – Cien Noches – Nardis
3 Jeff Siegel Quartet – Live In Europe – ARC
3 S.M.V. – Thunder – Heads Up
3 Various – Dutch Jazz Music 2008 – Buma Cultuur
3 Rick Wald 16/nyc – Play That Thing - Glowbow
2 Christina Watson – A Flower Truly Blue – Right Turn Records
2 Peter Yellin – How Long Has This Been Going On? – Jazzed Media

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 8/31/08

Beegie Adair – Dancing In The Dark – Green Hill
Mr. B – Joybox – Megawave
Tom Beckham – Rebound – Apria
Matt Belsante – Blame It On My Youth – Green Hill
Vadim Brunell – Always In My Heart – Self Produced
Denise Donatelli – What Lies Within – Savant
Bruce Eskovitz – One For Newk II – Pacific Jazz
Michael Feinstein – The Sinatra Project – Concord
Mike LeDonne – FiveLive – Savant
Joe Lovano – Symphonica – Blue Note
Organissimo – Grooveadelphia – Big O
Kelly Rossum – Family – 612 Sides
Oscar Utterstrom Quintet – Home – Right Turn Records
Pete Zimmer Quartet – Chillin’ Live At Jazz Factory – Tippin’ Records

WORLD MUSIC PLUS

*** =  Adds this week       W = World

W 4 Afrissippi Alliance – Selftitled – Hill Country Records
*** Issa Bagayogo – Mali Koura – Six Degrees
W 3 Bajofundo – Mardulce - Decca
W 5 Chiwoniso – Rebel Woman - Cumbancha
W 3 Kasai Allstars – In The 7th Moon…. – Crammed Discs
W 3 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 3 Youssou  N’Dour  - Rokku Mi Rokka – Nonesuch
W 3 Lee “Scratch” Perry – Repentance – Narnack Records
W 2 Pistolera – En Este Camino – Luchadora
W 3 Various – Acoustic France - Putumayo
W 5 Various – Calypsoul 70 - Strut
W 5 Various – Music Meeting Festival Highlights – Radio Nederland
W 4 Various – Quebec - Putumayo

PLUS

2 Jeremy Beck – Never Final, Never Gone - Innova
3 Alyssa Graham – Echo - Sunnyside
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
2 Nicola Melville – Melville’s Dozen - Innova
3 Ok/Ok – Eating Mantis - RKM
3 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club - Cryptogramophone
3 Matt Ulerys Loom – Music Box Ballerina – Woolgathering Records
3 27th & Grand – Selftitled – edi

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 9/07.  I will have space for 13 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481