[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Friday February 1

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Feb 1 22:02:39 EST 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday February 1, 2008

(Billy Byers) Robot Portrait - The Quintessence - Quincy Jones -
MCA/Impulse - MCAD-5728

(Joe Puma) Pow Wow - Howard Alden and Ken Peplowski's Pow Wow - Arbors
Jazz - ARCD-19340

(Santi Debriano) The Offering - The Offering - Larry Willis - High Note -
HCD 7178

(Gregg August) Nastissimo - One Peace - Greg August Sextet - IACUESSA
Records -  IACU2944

(Charlie Haden) Hello My Lovely - The Best of Quartet West - Charlie Haden
- Verve - B0010250-02

(irving Kahal, Sammy Fain) I'll Be Seeing You - When the Night Is New -
Abbigail Riccards - Jazz Excursion - JEX-116

(Nancy Hamilton, William J Lewis Jr.) How High the Moon - Vancouver, 1958
- Oscar Peterson - Just a Memory - JAM-9148-2

(Green, Heyman, Eyton, Sour) Body and Soul - Berry Story - Chu Berry -
Jazz Archives No. 21 - 157382

(Gershwin) Oh Lady Be Good - Ella: The Legendary Decca Recordings - Ella
Fitzgerald - Decca - GRD-4-648

(Owen Murphy) Oh, Baby (Pt 1)  - The Essential Benny Goodman -
Columbia/Bluebird/Legacy - 88697 0491 2

8:01 NPR News

(Owen Murphy) Oh, Baby (Pt 2)  - The Essential Benny Goodman -
Columbia/Bluebird/Legacy - 88697 0491 2

(Nat King Cole) Rhumba Azul / (Irving Berlin) What 'll I Do - The Complete
Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic Records - 138

Cuando Se Acabara - Putamayo Presents Latin Jazz - Manny Oquendo Y Libre -
Putamayo - PUT-265-2

(Ernesto Lecuona) La Comparsa - Bebo - Bebo Valdes - Calle 54 Records -
601012

Trompeta en Montuno - Putamayo Presents Latin Jazz - Chocolate Armenteros
- Putamayo - PUT-265-2

(Jmes, Swift) Can't We Be Friends - Diamondhead - David fathead Newman -
High Note - HCD 7179
(Gershwin) Love Is Sweeping the Country - Chris Connor Sings the George
Gershwin Almanac of Song  - Atlantic Jazz - 601-2

(John Coltrane) Blue Train - Blue Train - John Coltrane - Blue Note - CDP
7243 8 53428 0 6

9:01 NPR News

(Bernard, Block, Fisher) Dardanella - The Complete Capitol Recordings of
Art Tatum - Capitol - CDP 7243 8 21325 2 3

(Stuff Smith) Upstairs - Stuff Smith: The Mad Genius of the Violin Volume
1 - Jazz Archives No. 108

(Erdman, Kahn, Meyers, Schoebel) Nobody's Sweetheart Now - Crazy Rhythm -
Mike Walbridge's Chicago Footwarmers - Delmark - DE-247

(Hoagy Carmichael) New Orleans - Sentimental Streak - Catherine Russell -
World Village -  468075

(Ellington) Drop Me off in Harlem - Fraser Macpherson Trio Live at
Puccini's 1977 - Cellar Live - CL010177 www.cellarlive.com

(Traditional) Bucket's Got a Hole in It - Louis Armstrong: The Great
Chicago Concert 1956 - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 62119

Weather Bird - Louis Armstrong Volume IV - Louis Armstrong and Earl Hines
- Columbia - CK 45142

(Billy Moll, Murray Mencher) I Want a Little Girl - Lester Young: The
Kansas City Sessions - Commodore - CMD-402

(Sir Charles Thompson, Illinois Jacquet) Robbin's Nest - Body & Soul -
Erroll Garner - Columbia - CK 47035

(Arlen, Harburg) Over the Rainbow - Moody's Mood for Blues - James Moody -
Prestige - OJCCD-1837-2

(Terence Blanchard) The Premise - Romantic Defiance - Terence Blanchard  -
Columbia- CK 67042

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Burke) But Beautiful / Here's That Rainy Day -
Something for You - Eliane Elias - Blue Note - 50999 5 11795 2 6

(Kalmar, Ruby) Three Little Words - Sonny Rollins & Co. 1964 - Sonny
Rollins - Bluebird - 07863 66530 2