[JPL] Bill McFarlin returns to Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 19:32:33 EST 2008

When I first came to Blue Lake Public Radio 25 years ago March 1st,
Bill McFarlin interviewed me. Shortly after he left to join IAJE. IAJE
recently announced this news:

For Immediate Release
January 28, 2008* ***

The Board of Directors of the International Association for Jazz
Education (IAJE) today announced that Bill McFarlin has stepped down
from his position as Executive Director.* Vivian Orndorff, IAJE
Associate Executive Director, and Steve Baker, IAJE Executive
Producer, will immediately begin management of the day-to-day
operations of IAJE.* Details on the search for a new Executive
Director will be announced by the end of February. McFarlin has been
named Executive Vice President of Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, an
internationally recognized arts center located in Michigan's Manistee
National Forest; www.bluelake.org.

"IAJE has experienced tremendous growth during Bill McFarlin's tenure
with the Association," said IAJE Board President Chuck Owen. "His
dedicated service since 1984 has guided IAJE's evolution to that of an
association widely recognized as a global leader for the field of
jazz."* According to Owen, "The organization will begin an extensive
search process for a new dynamic Executive Director that can lead IAJE
into the future. We envision a proven leader that has a strong
understanding of jazz education, the jazz aesthetic, and the jazz
industry, as well as a proven track record for fundraising and new
business development." Complete information on the search will be made
available at www.iaje.org.

With upwards of 10,000 members in 50 countries, IAJE is the primary
voice and leading authority for the global jazz community.* IAJE's
mission is to assure the growth of jazz through education and outreach
and to serve the professional development needs of its members.* For
more information on how to become an IAJE member or to support IAJE
log on to www.iaje.org. Please join us for our 36th Annual
International Convention in Seattle, Washington, January 8 - 11, 2009.
(end quote)

Needless to say this will be great for jazz at Blue Lake and here in
West Michigan.

Lazaro Vega