[JPL] PLAYLIST:WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Feb 2,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 3 10:05:28 EST 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Feb 2,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Feb 2, 2008

Hour 1

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "I Will" - Drop 2 - (Spice Rack)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Sometimes a Shadow" - Brothers III - (Summit)

HANK CRAWFORD/JIMMY MCGRIFF - "The Masher" - Right Turn On Blue - (Telarc)

HORACE SILVER - "Doodlin" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

COLEMAN HAWKINS - "Body And Soul" - Body And Soul - (RCA)

MODERN JAZZ QUARTET - "Bluesology" - Fontessa - (Atlantic)

RANDY JOHNSTON - "The Hat Man" - The Hat Man - (Highnote)

MATT WILSON'S ARTS AND CRAFTS - "The Scenic Route" - The Scenic Route - (Palmetto)

MOSE ALLISON - "Back On the Corner" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Hour 2

THELONIOUS MONK - "Epistrophy" - Genius of Modern Music - (Blue Note)

MICHAEL BRECKER - "The Meaning Of The Blues" - Now You See It Now You Don't - (GRP)

GENE BURKERT - "Relative Material" - The Jazz Palette - (Sea Breeze)

CLAIRE DALY - "You Make Me Feel So Young" - Swing Low - (indep)

ETTA JAMES - "Do Nothin Till You Hear From Me" - We All Love Ella - (Verve)

THE DOKY BROTHERS W/DEBORAH BROWN - "I Feel Pretty" - The Doky Brothers - (Blue Note)

JACKIE ALLEN - "One Mint Julep" - The Men In My Life - (A440)

COUNT BASIE - "Lester Leaps In" - At Newport - (Verve)

LOU DONALDSON - "Peck Time" - The Complete Small Group Sessions 1957-1960 - (Blue Note)

Hour 3

MICHAEL FRANKS - "You Were Meant For Me" - Dragonfly Summer - (Reprise)

RENE MARIE - "Tennessee Waltz" - How Can I Keep From Singing - (Maxjazz)

MANHATTAN TRANSFER - "Java Jive" - Manhattan Transfer - (Atlantic)

OPIE BELLAS - "Lazy Afternoon" - Faces - (Bella Blue)

EVA CASSADY - "Cheek To Cheek" - Live At Blues Alley - (Blix Street)

ARNEL LARRIEUX - "Lucky To Be Me" - Lovely Standards - (Blisslife)

DIANA KRALL - "Isn't This A Lovely Day" - From This Moment On - (Verve)

ANN HAMPTON CALLAWAY - "The I'm Too White To Sing The Blues Blues" - Blues In the Dark - (Telarc)

LAVERNE BUTLER - "Just One Of Those Things" - A Foolish Thing To Do - (Maxjazz)

ELLA FITZGERALD W/COUNT BASIE - "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone" - Love Letters From Ella - (Concord)

Hour 4

DAN BARASZU - "Ain't Messin Around" - Nightfall - (Blue Canoe)

BOBBY FLOYD - "Hip Cake Walk" - Notes To And From My Friends - (Chicken Coup)

HORACE SILVER - "Cookin At the Continental" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

BENNY GOLSON - "In Your Own Sweet Way" - Terminal 1 - (Concord)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Blues In Da Groove" - Spot - (Origin)

DAYNA STEPHENS - "Smoking Gun" - The Timeless Now - (CTA)

CANNONBALL ADDERLEY - "Autumn Leaves" - Somethin Else - (Blue Note)

Hour 5

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "The Godfather (in memory of James Brown" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

GRANT GEISSMAN - "Say That" - Say That - (Futurism)

AVRAM FEFER AND BOBBY FEW - "Ask Me Now" - Kindred Spirits - (Boxholder)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "My Shining Hour" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

JOE LOVANO - "Focus" - On This Day At the Vanguard - (Blue Note)

GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND - "Cut N' Run" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

DEXTER GORDON - "Tanya" - One Flight Up - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

DAN BARASZU - "April Fools" - Nightfall - (Blue Canoe)

BILL WATROUS/PETE CHRISTLIEB/GARY URWIN JAZZ ORCH - "Theme From Chinatown" - Kindred Spirits - (Summit)
PATTI AUSTIN - "Gershwin Medley" - Avant Gershwin - (Rendezvous)

SUPERSAX AND L.A.VOICES - "L.A." - Best of Supersax and L.A.Voices - (Group 7)

DAYNA STEPHENS - "Contagious" - The Timeless Now - (CTA)

JOHN STEIN - "Booga Lou" - Green Street - (Whaling City Sound)

DUKE ELLINGTON - "Tourist Point of View" - The Far East Suite - (Bluebird)

BEEGIE ADAIR - "I Love Paris" - Dream Dancing - Songs of Cole Porter - (Hillsboro Jazz)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Round Midnight" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM