[JPL] PLAYLIST: WNMC CMJ #1043 Jazz Report

Thomas M. "Biz" Bisard mrbiz at torchlake.com
Sun Feb 3 16:17:09 EST 2008

                                                                            WNMC
90.7 FM
                                                                           1701
E. Front St.
                                                             Traverse
City MI 49686-3061,  USA
                                                          Small
Town Station - World Class Radio
                                                                           <www.wnmc.org>

                                                            Top
10 Jazz for CMJ Issue #1043

         1. COMPILATION
             "Music to Make the Impossible Possible"
             (MCG Jazz/Concord Jazz/CMG)

         2. OUT TO LUNCH
             "Excuse Me While I Do the Boogaloo"
             (Accurate/ www.outtolunchmusic.com )

         3. CARL ALLEN & RODNEY WHITAKER
             "Get Ready"
             (Mack Avenue)

         4. SABERTOOTH
             "Dr. Midnight Live at the Green Mill"
             (Delmark)

         5. DEPTH OF EMOTION feat. ED SAINDON & DAVE LIEBMAN
             "self-titled"
             (World Improvised Music/ www.edsaindon.com )

         6. RON KAPLAN
             "New York"
             ( www.ronkaplan.com )

         7. BRUCE ESKOVITZ JAZZ ORCHESTRA
             "Invitation"
             (Pacific Coast Jazz/ www.bruceeskovitz.com )

         8. THE KLOBAS KESECKER ENSEMBLE
             "No Gravity"
             ( www.kkensemble.com )

         9. ILLINOIS JACQUET
             "Swingin' Live with Illinois Jacquet"
             (Jacquet/ www.illinoisjacquet.com )

       10. STEVE NELSON
             "sound-effect"
             (HighNote)

                                                                             5
Jazz Adds

         1. CATHERINE RUSSELL
             "Sentimental Streak"
             (World Village)

         2. PHIL WOODS and CARL SAUNDERS
             "Play Henry Mancini"
             (Jazzed Media)

         3. BEN ALLISON & MAN SIZE SAFE
             "Little Things Run the World"
             (Palmetto)

         4. JAE SINNETT
             "It's Telling...A Drummer's Perspective"
             (J-Nett Music/ www.jaesinnett.com )

         5. MACEO PARKER
             "Roots & Grooves"
             (Heads Up/CMG)

                                                                               ****************

We report our jazz, world, electronic, reggae and
breaking genre spins to the JPL - the Jazz
Programmers List  ( www.jazzweek.com ).  Our top
10 jazz, 5 jazz adds and top 10
world/international spins go to CMJ - the College
Music Journal ( www.cmj.com ). We also report our
top 10 jazz spins to
eJazzNews                                 (
www.ejazznews.com ). Our jazz and folk plays go
to Roots Music Report ( www.rootsmusicreport.com
) and  our folk spins are also sent to  the
FOLKDJ-L list  ( www.folkradio.org ). Blues spins
go to Living Blues magazine ( www.livingblues.com ).

                                                                   ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

                               PLEASE SEND ALL PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL TO:

                                                        WNMC
attn: any of our music directors
                                                        1701 East Front Street
                                                        Traverse
City MI 49686-3061

                                                                    ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Station Manager:
                              Eric
Hines..........................................................................ehines at message.nmc.edu

Music Directors:
                             Tom "Biz" Bisard:
Jazz......................................................mrbiz at torchlake.com
                             Bob Brown: Folk /
Americana / Acoustica........................folkbob60 at yahoo.com
                             Linnaea Melcarek:
World / International...........................lmelcarek at gmail.com
                             Jen Medlin-Lloyd:
Avant Garde Jazz / Alt Country..........JEMedlin at message.nmc.edu
                             Leroy Alvarez:
Blues..........................................................lalvarez at message.nmc.edu
                             Marco Dedenbach:
Reggae..............................................rasmarco at aol.com
                             Michael Lloyd: Alt
Rock.....................................................MLloyd at message.nmc.edu
                             Mike King: Dance /
HipHop...............................................mking at message.nmc.edu
                             Brian Caughell:
Electronic/Breaking Genre/Other...........briancaughell at gmail.com
                             David MacArthur: New
Age...............................................cdbirdee at yahoo.com
                             Sandy Blumenfeld:
Local Music.......................................MBLU11214 at aol.com
                             Paul Leon: Native
American
Music...................................walking_buffalo_spirit at yahoo.com

                                          Phone:   231-995-1090 (studio line)
                                                         231-995-1091
(deejay office line - not always answered)
                                                         231-995-2562
(station office line - not always answered)