[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 2-3-08

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:39:29 EST 2008

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 5-7 pm.

1) Pat Metheny-Calvin's Keys (Day Trip)
2) Carmen Lundy-Nature Boy (Come Home)
3) Peter Erskine/Tim Hagans/Norbotten Big Band-Worth The Wait (Worth The Wait)
4) Thomas Mariott-Crazy (Crazy: The Music of Willie Nelson)
5) David Brandom-Clever Shoes (No Way Out)
6) Jane Ira Bloom-A More Beautiful Question (Mental Weather)
7) Ted Kooshian-Top Cat (Standard Orbit Quartet)
8) Joe Beck/John Abercrombie-Israel (Coincidence)
9) Tigran Hamasyan-Pt. 1 Homesick (New Era)
10) Quartet San Francisco-Bei Mir Bist du Schoen (Whirled Chamber Music)
11) Horace Silver-Senor Blues (Live at Newport '58)
12) Howard Alden/Ken Peplowski-Who Knows (Pow-Wow)

Mystery Musician Quiz: guitarist Kazumi Watanabe
13) Kazumi Watanabe-My One and Only Love (Oyatsu 2)
14) Kazumi Watanabe/Makoto Ozone-Passionate Snow (Dandyism)
15) Kazumi Watanabe-We The Planet (Spice of Life Too)
16) Kazumi Watanabe/Eddie Gomez-We Will Meet Again (Gomez)
17) Kazumi Watanabe w/Yukihiro Isso-Toh Hyo-Hyo (It's So Isso)

Closing theme: George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com