[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Monday February 4

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Feb 4 21:55:31 EST 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday February 4, 2008

(Gene Ammons) Groovin' with Jug - Groovin' with Jug - Richard Holmes &
Gene Ammons - Capitol/Pacific Jazz - CDP 7 92930 2

(Burke, Johnston) Pennies from Heaven - Trombone by Three - Bennie Green -
Prestige - OJCCD-091-2

(Jimmy Raney) Signal - Storyville Vol. 1 & 2 - Stan Getz - Roulette
Jazz/Capitol Records - CDP 7945072

(Monk) Ask Me Now / (Monk) Skippy - Thelonious Monk: Genius of Modern
Music Volume 2 - Blue Note - CDP 7 81551 2

(Sid Kullen, Ray Golden, Hal Borne) Nothin' / (Ellington, Kuller, Webster)
Jump for Joy - Jump for Joy - Cannonball with Strings - Verve - 314 528
699-2

(Rodgers and Hart) I Didn't Know What Time It Was - Some Enchanted Evening
- Miles Black Trio - Cellar Live Records - CL80307

(Gordon) Stanley the Steamer - This Time the Drum's on Me - Stan Levey -
Bethlehem Records/Avenue Jazz - R2 76683

I Want to Be Happy - Get Happy - Royce Campbell - Foxhaven Records -
FX-70022

(Horace Silver) Room 608 - All in - Westchester Jazz Orchestra - WJO
Productions - www.westjazzorch.org

8:01 NPR News

(Larry Willis) The Rock - The Offering - Larry Willis - High Note - HCD
7178

(Donald Brown) The Thing about Harold Mabern - Wurd on the Skreet -
Donald Brown - Space Time Records - BG 9806

(Luis Russel, Paul Barbarin, Walter Pichon) I've Got That Thing -
Sentimental Streak - Catherine Russell - World Village - 468075

(Roland Kirk) Spirit Girl - Third Dimension and Beyond - Roland Kirk -
Gambit Records - 69210

(Harry Revel, Mack Gordon) There's a Lull in My Life - Big Byrd - The
Essence Part 2 - Ahmad Jamal - Verve - 314 533 477-2

(Bill Broonzy) Somebody Sure Has Got to Go - Kidney Stew Is Fine - Eddie
Cleanhead Vinson - Delmark - DD 631
(Gershwin) Summertime - Latin Jazz - Putamayo - Ray Barretto - PUT 265-2

(Wayne Shorter) Suspended Sentence - Minor Strain - Lee Morgan - Roulette
Jazz/Capitol - CDP 7945742

(Clifford Burwell) Sweet Lorraine - Gene Harris Live at Otter Crest - Gene
Harris Trio - Concord Jazz - CCD-4945-2

(Razaf, Waller) Honeysuckle Rose - Fraser Macpherson Live at Puccini's
1977 - Cellar Live Records - CL 010177

9:01 NPR News

(Johnny Dodds) Blue Clarinet Stomp #1 - Johnny Dodds' Blue Clarinet Stomp:
The Legendary Clasic Jazz Clarinetist - Bluebird - 2293-2-RB

(Ellington) Sepia Panorama - Duke Ellington: The Blanton Webster Band -
Bluebird - 5659-2-RB

Don't Know if I'm Coming or Going - Lady Day: The Master Takes and Singles
- Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - 88697 13178 2

(Herb Elli) Swedish Pastry  - The Modern Red Norvo - Savoy Jazz - SVY
17113

(Blakey) Message from Kenya - Horace Silver Trio - Art Blakey and Sabu
Martinez - Blue Note - CDP 7 81520 2

(McCoy Tyner) Search for Peace - The Real McCoy - McCoy Tyner - Blue Note
- 7243 4 97807 2 9

(Pamela Hines) Ward One - Return - Pamela Hines Trio - Spice Rack records
- SR 101-11

(Bobby Timmons) Dat Dere - Dark Journey - Woody Shaw - 32Jazz - 32039

(George and Ira Gershwin) Someone to Watch over Me - Artie Shaw: The Last
Recordings Rare and Unreleased - Music Masters - 01612 65071-2

(Franklin, Friend) When My Dreamboat Comes Home - Crazy Rhythm - Mike
Walbridge - Delmark - DE-247

(Hoyt Curtain, Joseph Barbara, William Hanna, E. Timmens) Top Cat - Ted
Kooshian's Standard Orbit Quartet - Summit Records - DCD 495