[JPL] Playlist - The Sounds of Jazz - KRFC, 88.9fm

eflash17 at comcast.net eflash17 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 5 18:13:33 EST 2008

"The Sounds of Jazz"
Host:  Eric "Flash" Flashner
Tuesdays, 10am-Noon
88.9 FM KRFC - Fort Collins, CO
www.krfcfm.org

2/5/2008

{Artist - Track - Album - Label}

1st Hour:

Jimmy McGriff - Groove Grease - Groove Grease - Groove Merchant (Theme)

Louis Armstrong - West End Blues - The Complete Hot 5's and Hot 7's - Sony

Sidney Bechet - Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - The Best Of - Blue Note

Louis Armstrong - Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans - Definitive - Hip O

Sonny Clark - WIth A Song In My Heart - Sonny's Crib - Blue Note

Westchester Jazz Orchestra - Turn Out The Stars - All In - WJO*

Tigran Hamasyan Trio - Solar - New Era - Nocturne*

Tom Scott & Special Guests - JIve Samba - Cannon Re-Loaded - Concord*

Maceo Parker - Off The Hook - Roots & Grooves - HeadsUp*

2nd Hour:

Chick Corea & Gary Burton - Bud Powell - The New Crystal Silence - Concord*

Miles Davis - Bye Bye Blackbird - Round About Midnight - Columbia

Pat Methany - When We Were Free - Day Trip - Nonesuch*

Joe Henderson - Mode For Joe - At The Lighthouse - Milestone

Yesterday's New Quintet - Barumba - Yesterday's New Universe - Stones Throw*

Frank Kimbrough - Quickening - Air - Palmetto*

Peter Paulsen - Tight Lipped - Change of Scenery - Wahbo*

Charles Kynard - The Soul Brotherhood - The Soul Brotherhood - Prestige

* = New Releases 2007 & 2008