[JPL] George Jazz Internet Radio Station & New Zealand Jazz CD Compilation

mark robinson markrobbo at clear.net.nz
Wed Feb 6 00:21:08 EST 2008

Kia Ora,

Five weeks on the road in a campervan around New Zealand’s South Island has
left me refreshed and ready to hit 2008 with fresh energy and enthusiasm.

I returned to a large pile of CD’s to review and I thank all of you who
continue to furnish me with your or your artist’s wonderful music.

I have some exciting news for New Zealand jazz that I would like to share
with you. I am negotiating with a label here in Auckland for a series of CD
releases highlighting the best of NZ jazz over the years. I would be keen to
receive feedback for any of you that are radio show hosts or programmers on
potential interest in this project. There will of course be promotional CDs
to distribute to promote NZ jazz to as wide and audience as possible.

I have not been hosting the radio shows, they begin again this week, but I
have been continually updating George Jazz www.georgefm.co.nz/jazz

Below is a list of CD releases that have been loaded onto George Jazz for
heavy rotation during the last month;

Airto - Life After That CD (Narada 2003)

Arthur Verocai – Encore (Far Out 2007)

Arnie Somogyi's Ambulance (Lynn 2007)

Arturo O'Farrill - Wonderful Discovery (MEII Enterprises 2007)

Barry Harris Trio with Sonny Stitt - Breakin' It Up/Burnin' [Digipak] (Jazz
Beat 2007)

Bernie Kenerson - Grand Strand Samba (D & M Records 2007)

Bradford Hayes - The Jazz Life (self release 2007)

Casiopea –Casiopea (Alfa 1979)

Christian Fabian - Curtain Of Life (Spicerack Records 2007)

Clara Hill's Folkwaves – Sideways (Sonar Kollektiv 2007)

Clay Giberson & Charlie Doggett & Jeff Leonard – Upper Left Trio (Origin
2007)

Cybajaz – The Devil Is An Idiot (No Bones 2001)

Dale Bruning Quartet - The Timeless Music of Harry Warren (Jazz Link
Enterprises 2003)

Daniel Gassin Trio – Roundtrip

Dave Weckl Band – Live (And Very Plugged In) (Stretch 2003)

David Joel Quartet -  Spiral Sky (Turning Point 2007)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QRHUTG/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

David Borsu feat. Damia Da Costa - Late Nite Swing (Nu Jazz Cool - The
Essential Album)

Dayna Stephens – The Timeless Now (CTA 2007)

Dean Fraser – Big Up (Polygram Records 1998)

Deep Blue Organ Trio – Folk Music (Origin 2007)

De-Phazz - Cut the Jazz (Saint Germain Des Pres Cafe V.9 Wagram Electronica
2007)

DJ Cam Feat. Inlove – Soulshine

dZihan & Kamien - Stiff Jazz (Six Degrees 100 2004)

Eddie Henderson - Scorpio Libra (Cosmic Lounge King Britt Rapster / Studio
Dist. 2007)

Eli Goulart E Banda Do Mato - Bicho Do Mato (Unique 2001)

Erroll Garner Trio – Live at Carmel (Jazz Beat 2007)

Fantastic Merlins - A Very Small Animal (Inova 2007)

Firefly Soul - Come To This (self release 2007)

Gene Burkert – Secret Passion (Gene Burkert Music 2007)

Jack Costanzo - Latin Fever (1959)

Jerry Caringi – Changes (Jerry Caringi Music 2007)

John McClean – Better Angels (Origin 2007)

Jonathan Kreisberg – The South of Everywhere (Mel Bay 2007)

Jon Hemmersam Dom Minasi Quartet (CDM 2007)

Jude Johnstone - Best Friend (Bojak Records 2007)

Keith Jarrett Trio – Live Montreux (ECM 2007)

Kim Richmond – Live at Cafe Metropol (Origin 2007)

Malia Feat. Erik Truffaz - Yellow Daffodils (Sony 2003)

Marco DI Marco & Nathan Haines - Take Off (Nu Jazz Cool - The Essential
Album)

Me'Shell Ndegéocello – The World Has Made Me the Man of My Dreams (Emarcy /
Umgd 2007)

Meitz - Can You Live (Nu Jazz Cool - The Essential Album)

Mike Nock Project – Meeting of the Waters (Jazzhead 2007)

Miles By Five – Miles By Five (Touche 2007)

Monty Alexander – Yard Movement (Telarc 2001)

Nina Miranda & Chris Franck Present Zeep - Zeep: Nina Miranda & Chris Franck
Present (Far Out 2007)

Nuyorican Soul - Black Gold of the Sun (Talkin Loud 2000)

Patsy Gallant - Te Callinte (Ether 2006 Sunday Afternoon at Dingwalls)

Refractory - Yo Solo Queiro (Musicrama 2005)

Sonny Stitt - Move on Over: The Eddie Buster Sides (Jazzbeat 2007)

Shannon Bryant – Oceano (Belle Estrela Music 2007)

The Dale Bruning Quartet – Tomorrow's Reflections by Dale Bruning (Jazz Link
Enterprises 2003)

The Nostalgia 77 Octet – Weapons of Jazz Destruction (Tru Thoughts 2007)

Tim Collins – Valcour (Arabesque Recordings 2005)

Vince Jones - Moving Through Taboos (Universal 2004)

Zach Brock & The Coffee Achievers (Secret Fort 2007)

Cheers

Mark Robinson

021762451

MBE P 283