[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX 02-05 & 02-06-08

JASON M MILLER jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:18:22 EST 2008

Afternoon  Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon. - Fri. 1pm - 3pm
91.3 KVLU  Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 02-05-08

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album - (Label)

Theme

  BREAK
Pete Fountain - While We Danced At The Mardi Gras - Pete Fountain's New
Orleans (MCA)
Louis Armstrong & The Dukes Of Dixieland - Bourbon Street Parade -
Satchmo & The Dukes Of Dixieland (Leisure)
Kermit Ruffins - Do The Fat Tuesday - The Barbecue Swingers Live (Basin
Street)
The Dukes Of Dixieland - South Rampart Street Parade - Timeless
(Leisure Jazz)
Jelly Roll Morton & His Red Hot Peppers - Black Bottom Stomp - Chicago
Days Vol.1 1926-1927 (Hot N'Sweet)

  BREAK
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - New Orleans Blues - Jelly (Columbia)
The Meters - They All Asked For You - The Very Best Of The Meters
(Rhino)
Galactic - Funky Bird - Coolin' Off (Volcano)
The Dixie Cups - Iko Iko - The Best Of The Dixie Cups (Collectibles)
Re-Birth Brass Band - Do Whatcha Wanna (Part 2) - Feel Like Funkin' It
Up (Rounder)
The Dukes Of Dixieland - Go To The Mardi Gras - Timeless (Leisure Jazz)

  BREAK
Preservation Hall Jazz Band - Mama Don't Allow It - Because Of You
(Sony)

    HOUR TWO

  BREAK
The Marsalis Family - Struttin' With Some Barbecue - A Jazz Celebration
(Marsalis Music/Rounder)
Harry Connick Jr. - Good To Be Home - Occasion (Marsalis Music/Rounder)
Harry Connick Jr. - Avalon - 20 (Columbia)

  BREAK
Alvin Batiste - Skylark - Marsalis Music Honors Alvin Batiste (Marsalis
Music/Rounder)
Johnny Adams - I Cover The Waterfront - The Verdict (Rounder)
Donald Harrison & Terence Blanchard - Ninth Ward Strut - Black Pearl
(Columbia)
Christian Scott - Paradise Found - Rewind That (Concord)
Christian Scott - Litany Against Fear - Anthem (Concord)

  BREAK

--------------

Afternoon  Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon. - Fri. 1pm - 3pm
91.3 KVLU  Beaumont, TX

Airdate: 02-06-08

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album - (Label)

Theme

  BREAK

Various Artists - Guachi Guaro (Soul Sauce) - Jam Miami (Concord)
Chip Shelton - All Blues Medley - Stop 2 - cape May Jazz Festival
(Chicken Coup)
Alex Clement - Time To Heal - Waiting For You... (ACR)

  BREAK

Trio East - I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart - Best Bets (Origin)
Gary Brunotte - Agua De Beber - Manic Moments (Sincopato)
Jane Monheit - Waters Of March - Come Dream with Me (N-Coded Music)

  BREAK

Les Paul & Mary Ford - Bye Bye Blues - The Best Of The Capitol Masters
(Capitol)
Glenn Miller Orchestra - Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree with Anyone
Else But Me - Plays... (Legacy)
Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting On The Sunrise - The Best
Of The Capitol Masters (Capitol)

  BREAK

    HOUR TWO

Glenn Miller Orchestra - All The Cats Join In - On The Air (Glenn
Miller Productions)

  BREAK
Monterey Jazz Festival 50th Anniversary All-Stars - Benny's Tune - Live
At The 2007 Monterey Jazz Festival (MJF)
Joe Coughlin - Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me - Things Turn Out That
Way (Roadhouse)
Phineas Newborn Jr. - The Midnight Sun Will Never Set - Solo Piano (32
Jazz)

  BREAK
Frank Foster & Frank Wess - Send In The Clowns - Two For The Blues
(Pablo)
John Stein w/ David Newman - Our Love Will See Us Through - Green
Street (Whaling City Sound)

  BREAK
Sonny Stitt-Sal Salvador Quintet - Cherokee - Newport Jazz Festival:
Live (Columbia)
Gerry Mulligan Quartet - As Catch Can - Newport Jazz Festival: Live
(Columbia)
Nnenna Freelon - There Is A Balm In Gilead - Better Than Anything: The
Quintessential Nnenna Freelon (Concord)

  BREAK