[JPL] Farewell

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Wed Feb 6 19:12:43 EST 2008

Aloha Juan Carlos,

Just wanted to say la buena suerta en la Ph.D. programa - and don't count on it being an automatic 4 years, unless it is drastically different than when I was in graduate school!  I hope that you are able to do some radio in Australia.  Do keep in touch with us....

Hasta,

Brad Stone

Dr. Brad Stone, Faculty Advisor
Music Director; Jazz, Blues and World
KSJS-FM
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane, Gilroy, CA  95020
408-848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Music Calls: Weds., 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., PT

Hi to all !

I´ve been following the JPL but not posting actively during the past few months. I have been busy preparing a turn in my career and I write to you all briefly to tell you about it. I have been admitted to a Ph.D in Communication at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia and I will be flying there in february.

So I´m leaving my Jazz DJ position at UN Radio (98.5 FM) after more than 12 years. It´s sad to leave such a great job but I think that there was no choice. Maybe I´ll be able to rejoin the station when I come back to Colombia in 2012.

I want to thank you all for your advice, kindness and insight as well as all the musicians, labels and agencies that helped me to do my job better and understand the creativity and wonders of the Jazz scene.

A great Jazz critic and writer named Juan Carlos Garay may be taking over the program. If he does I´ll advice him to join this list.

Nevertheless, I plan to continue reading the posts. It`s so much fun !

Thank you again and good luck to all

Saludos

Juan Carlos Valencia
HJUN 98.5 FM UN Radio