[JPL] Mediaguide/Musicians

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 12:33:53 EST 2008

The recent thread about Mediaguide and lack of spin counts brought to mind what has happened to me. Some advice for musicians that may not understand how this works. If one of your main objectives is to get spins counted and chart placement....get your CD to Mediaguide way before your disc is serviced to radio. Example...and I'll mentioned what has happened to me as the example...my new CD came out and about 60 or so stations were serviced. I know many of them are playing it as well as NPR. They've play a few tracks at least three times I'm aware of for music beds for their news programs but no one saw those spins being reported. It never dawn on me that perhaps Mediaguide didn't have the CD registered. Sure enough....I emailed them yesterday and someone was kind enough to respond and mentioned they hadn't registered it but will next week. Almost a month they've been sitting on it. Three weeks to today actually. I was wondering how long it would have taken if I hadn't
 contacted them to find out what was going on.

  My main objective with this release wasn't how high I could get on the chart but you do want to see those spins IF someone...particularly NPR is playing your music. Musicians...get your CD to Mediaguide way in advance of the official release because you could lose important spin counts.

  I will also mention that most of the stations here on the JPL received the CD. If you didn't and would like a copy...email me off list and I'll be glad to send you a copy. Thanks,

  Jae Sinnett