[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Feb 9 2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 8 19:56:43 EST 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Feb 9,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Feb 9, 2008

Hour 1

BUD SHANK - "Scrapple From the Apple" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

LOU DONALDSON - "Confirmation" - Complete Blue Note Small Group Sessions 1957-60 - (Mosaic)

FREDDIE HUBBARD - "Hub Cap" - Hub Cap - (Blue Note)

PAMELA HINES TRIO - "Green Line" - Green Line - (Spice Rack)

JIMMY SMITH - "Confirmation" - House Party - (Blue Note)

JIM PEARCE - "Left Coast" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

DAN MORETTI - "Passing Place" - Passing Place - (Whaling City Sound)

KIM RICHMOND ENSEMBLE - "Never Let Me Go" - Live at Cafe Metropol - (Origin)

RON DISALVIO - "Green Pasture" - Essence of Green - (Origin)

Hour 2

ROY HAYNES - "Afro Blue" - Love Letters - (Sony)

BARNEY MCCLURE TRIO - "Tick Tock" - Spot - (Origin)

PHIL WOODS - "Springsville" - 20th Anniversary Box Set - (Mosaic)

JACKIE MCLEAN - "Old Gospel" - Old and New Gospel - (Blue Note)

JOHNNY GRIFFIN - "Mil Dew" - Introducing Johnny Griffin - (Blue Note)

SEATTLE WOMEN'S JAZZ ORCH - "The Mighty Urubamba" - Meeting Of the Waters - (Origin)

MILT JACKSON - "The Prophet Speaks" - The Prophet Speaks - (Qwest)

Hour 3

IRENE ATMAN - "If I Were a Bell" - Irene Atman - (Indep)

CHRIS BENNETT - "September Song" - On Broadway - (Rhombus)

KITTY MARGOLIS - "I'm Always Drunk in San Francisco" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

AMY CERVINI QUARTET - "Famous Blue Raincoat" - Famous Blue - (Orange Grove)

MONICA MANCINI - "With My Lover Beside Me" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

OPIE BELLAS - "It's Always 4 A.M." - Faces - (Bella Blue)

LISA BELL - "Don't Wait Forever" - It's All About Love - (Hapi Skratch)

EVA CASSADY - "Honeysuckle Rose" - Live at Blues Alley - (Blix Street)

ABBEY LINCOLN - "Skylark" - It's Me - (Verve)

DIANA KRALL - "Almost Blue" - The Girl In The Other Room - (Verve)

ANNIE SELLICK - "Comes Love" - Stardust On My Sleeve - (Indep)

MOSE ALLISON - "Back On the Corner" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Hour 4

JOEL FRAHM - "Bob's Blues" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

KEN AND HARRY WATTERS - "Whitesburg Bridge" - Brothers III - (Summit)

WARREN VACHE - "Softly As In A Morning Sunrise" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

CHARLES FAMBROUGH - "Fools Play" - Live at Zanzibar Blue - (Random Chance)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "On Green Dolphin Street" - Your Check's In the Mail - (Origin)

MARK TURNER - "Pure Imagination" - Warner Bros Jazz Christmas Party- (WB)

BILL EVANS TRIO - "Our Delight" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

RAMONA BORTHWICK - "Latin Quarter" - A New Leaf - (Whaling City Sound)

SCOTT BONI - "Bye Bye Blackbird" - Mumphrey's Bounce - (indep)

Hour 5

ELDAR - "Place St Henri" - Re - Imagination - (Sony)

JIMMY SMITH - "On the Sunny Side of the Street" - Back At the Chicken Shack - (Blue Note)

BEEGIE ADAIR - "From This Moment On" - Dream Dancing - Songs of Cole Porter - (Hillsboro Jazz)

HORACE SILVER - "Blowin the Blues Away" - Blowin the Blues Away - (Blue Note)

GEORGE SHEARING - "Sweet and Lovely" - Concord 30th Anniversary Box Set - (Concord)

WILL SCRUGGS JAZZ FELLOWSHIP - "Big B" - BlueBari Jam - (Summit)

CHRISTIAN SCOTT - "Paradise Found" - Rewind That - (Concord)

TERENCE BLANCHARD - "Taxi Driver" - Jazz In Film - (Sony)

ASTRAL PROJECT - "Nowhere to Hide" - Legend of Cowboy Bill - (indep)

Hour 6

KERMIT RUFFINS - "Leshianne" - Putumayo Presents Kermit Ruffins - (Putumayo)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "The Chess Players" - Complete 1960 Small Group - (Mosaic)

RENEE ROSNES - "Early One Morning" - With the Danish Radio Big Band - (Blue Note)

SONNY ROLLINS - "St Thomas" - Saxophone Colossus - (OJC)

LENORE RAPHAEL - "Have You Met Miss Jones" - Invitation - (Swingin Fox)

DAVE ASKREN - "Ellas Dance" - Some Other Things - (Sea Breeze)

GERI ALLEN - "Embraceable You" - Timeless Portraits and Dreams - (Telarc)

DOMINIC ASHWORTH - "Round Midnight" - Portraits - (indep)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM