[JPL] Playlist WCVE Wednesday Feb 6

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Feb 8 21:30:18 EST 2008

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday February 6, 2008

(Meyer, Adams, Baer) There Are Such Things - Worktime - Sonny Rollins -
Prestige - 007-2

(Thelonious Monk) Well, You Needn't - Monk's Music - Thelonious Monk -
Riverside - 0084-2

(Pat Metheny) Day Trip - Day Trip - Pat Metheny - Nonesuch - 376828-2

(Kern, Hammerstein) All the Things You Are - Ain't Necessarily So - Andy
Bey - 12th Street Records - 9292982-2

(Duke Ellington) Cop-Out - Duke Ellington Live at Newport Jazz Festival
1959 - Emarcy - 842 071-2

(Jobim, Mendonca) One Note Samba - South American Cookin' - Curtis Fuller
- Sony - CD-6879

8:01 PM NPR News

(Evans, Elias) Here Is Something for You - Something for You - Eliane
Elias - Blue Note - 11795 2 6

(Marty Sheller) El Pavo - Why Deny - The Marty Sheller Ensemble - PVR
Records - 1001

(Frank Loesser) If I Were a Bell - Live at Birdland - Steve Kuhn Trio -
Blue Note - 72992 2 7

(Brad Mehldau) August Ending - House on Hill - Brad Mehldau Trio -
Nonesuch - 79911-2

(Ray Charles) Hallelujah I Love Her So - Roots and Grooves - Maceo Parker
- Heads Up - 3134

(Jackie McLean) Hip Strut - New Soil - Jackie McLean - Blue Note - 7 84013
2

(Harburg, Arlen) Over the Rainbow - The Amazing Bud Powell, Vol. 1 - Blue
Note - 7 81503 2

9:01 PM NPR News

 (Michael Brecker) African Skies - Tales from the Hudson - Michael Brecker
- Impulse - 191

(Romberg, Hammerstein) Softly, As in a Morning Sunrise - Emily Remler
Retrospective, Vol. 1 - Concord - 4453

(Caymmi, Mann) We Can Try Love Again - It's Another Day - Rebecca Parris
and Gary Burton - GRP - 9738

(Astor Piazzolla) Soledad - Gary Burton/Astor Piazzolla Reunion - Concord
- 4793-2

(Kenny Dorham) Philly Twist - Whistle Stop - Kenny Dorham - Blue Note - 8
28978 2 8

(Ellington, Mills, Tizol) Caravan - Caravan - Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers - Riverside - 038-2

(Strachey, Link, Marvell) These Foolish Things - Charlie Parker: The
Washington Concerts - Blue Note - 22626 2 5