[JPL] JzFmS4, PLAYLIST WGBH, 89.7 Boston

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Feb 8 23:44:38 EST 2008

CELEBRATING AFRICAN/AMERICAN HISTORY: THE TRUMPET PLAYERS

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Jason Palmer: In A Certain Way, Songbook (AYVA Music)
Miles Davis: It Never Entered My Mind, Miles Davis, Volume 1 (Blue Note)
Louis Armstrong: You Go to My Head,
Let's Do It: Best of The Verve Years (Verve)

8:25pm
Christian Scott: Cease Fire, Anthem (Concord)
Clifford Brown ; Max Roach: What Is This Thing Called Love,
at Basin Street (Verve)
Woody Shaw: The Touch of Your Lips, Setting Standards (32 Jazz)

8:49pm
Lester Bowie: Rios Negroes, The Great Pretender (ECM)
Kirk Lightsey; Freddie Hubbard: Evidence, Temptation (Timeless)
Joe Wilder: Darn That Dream, Softly With Feeling (Savoy)

9:11pm
Duke Ellington; featuring Cootie Williams: Concerto for Cootie,
The Blanton-Webster Band (RCA Bluebird)
Wynton Marsalis: Melancholia, Standards & Ballads (Columbia)
Art Farmer: I Let A Song Go Out of My Heart, Silk Road (Arabesque)

9:32pm
Clark Terry: Trumpet Mouthpiece Blues, Daylight Express (MCA/GRP)
Terell Stafford: A Nick Off The Mark, Taking Chances (MaxJazz)
Roy Hargrove; Crisol: Nusia's Poem, Habana (Verve)

9:55pm
Horace Silver; featuring Louis Smith: Senor Blues,
Live at Newport '58 (Blue Note)
Blue Mitchell: When I Fall in Love, Blue's Moods (Riverside)
Lee Morgan: All The Way, The Complete Lee Morgan (Blue Note)

10:20pm
Terence Blanchard: Footprints, Bounce (Blue Note)
Henry "Red" Allen: I've Got The World on A String,
World On A String (RCA Bluebird)
Marlon Jordan: Miles' Mode, Marlon's Mode (Arabesque)

10:44pm
Irvin Mayfield; Ellis Marsalis: Body and Soul,
Irvin Mayfield (Basin Street Records)
Dizzy Gillespie; Danilo Perez: Con Alma, Bird Songs (Telarc)

11:04pm
Fats Navarro; Howard McGhee: Boperation,
The Complete Blue Note Recordings (Blue Note)
Johnny Coles: New Morning, New Morning (Criss Cross)
Benny Bailey: While My Lady Sleeps, While My Lady Sleeps (Gemini Records)

11:29pm
Donald Byrd: Lament, Fuego (Blue Note)
Booker Little: Moonlight Becomes You,
Booker Little 4 & Max Roach (Blue Note)
Tommy Turrentine: Gunga Din, Tommy Turrentine (Time/Bainbridge)
Kenny Dorham: My Ideal, Quiet Kenny (Prestige New Jazz)

11:55pm
Jason Palmer: One for JMac, Songbook (AYVA Music)