[JPL] Denise Thimes ...upcoming

Leslie Hayman leslie at jazzwines.com
Sat Feb 9 08:41:50 EST 2008

I appreciate reading this proglist at JazzWeek and thank you for it.  And as
a programmer in my early days, I humbly suggest that you might enjoy keeping
an ear out for Denise Thimes!

In January I initiated live jazz programming and had the pleasure of hosting
Denise Thimes who joined Lenore Raphael and trio (Rudy Lawless and Ken
Walker) here in Toronto during the IAJE conference. Lenore and group, who
are truly great, shared the stage with Denise as she selected a few
crowd-pleasing standards.

I took interest to note the intriguing news story out this week about
Denise's upcoming performance at the White House.

-          http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=17063

More promising for the public and programmers - I see that this
extraordinary talent is putting together her first commercially distributed
CD this year. Whether she reminds people of Dinah Washington or Ella, Denise
offers one awesome voice and spirit. In addition to me, our audience(s) over
2 nights just loved this lady!!

It was a genuine pleasure to meet her. I so wish her well in her journey
from the stage of world leaders into the hearts of a public audience!

Leslie Hayman

www.jazzwines.com <http://www.jazzwines.com/>

Toronto ON Canada

Tel. 416-822-4388

Celebrating talent. Connecting creative people.