[JPL] Tom Scott

mfa - jazz radio promotion & publicity MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Sun Feb 10 05:30:01 EST 2008

I don't know about "taking" Tom Scott's "smooth" playing but his work
as leader, player and arranger on his new tribute to Cannonball on
Concord is quite simply some of the best music I've heard in a while
-- only 6 weeks into the new year and already one of my favorites of
2008 -- It's getting rarer and rarer that I find a CD has more than
3-4 solid tracks but every track on this project is strong and at
least 6 are superb.  If you haven't checked it out yet I encourage you
to do so.

Mitchell

PS - Neither the Jazzzdog nor  Darnell paid me to write this :-)

Begin forwarded message:

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:21:25 -0800 (PST)
> From: Michelle Mobley <michelle_mobley at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [JPL] Another weird request from your friendly DJ in
> 	Savannah
> To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>
> Saxophonist Tom Scott swings both ways.  I believe he teaches at
> California
> State University Northridge.
>

>  Michelle Mobley
>  660 West 11th St.
>  San Pedro, CA  90731
>  310-833-0947
>  michelle_mobley at sbcglobal.net
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:29:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Michelle Mobley <michelle_mobley at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [JPL] Another weird request from your friendly DJ in
> 	Savannah
> To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>
> No, really...he does.  I've heard him play straight-ahead at the
> Jazz Bakery in
> Culver City and at an outdoor concert in Hollywood last summer.
>
> Find him and samples of his smooth stuff (if you can take it) here:
> http://www.tomscottmusic.com/

___________________________

mfa - jazz radio promotion, publicity & consulting
...for the international jazz community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
Cell:     (+1) 303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
www.JazzWithoutBorders.blogspot.com

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like
dogs.  There is also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.