[JPL] Another weird request from your friendly DJ in Savannah

Robert Putignano bob8003 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 08:09:36 EST 2008

Hey Mark, I agree with you, great call on Brian Bromberg.
Bob

Mark Rini <mark at groovmarketing.com> wrote: This week's sponsor: Pacific Coast Jazz

Two new Pacific Coast Jazz albums are in stores now and on radio:

Roberta Donnay's ''What's Your Story'' - ''...a major new find... highly recommended'' with 5 albums behind her and Orrin Keepnews by her side, this album is destined for a Grammy.  She performs across the nation and in Europe.  www.robertadonnay.com

The Bruce Eskovitz Jazz Orchestra's ''Invitation'' to you is to listen and capture this ''...hard swinging, straight-ahead, good-time modern jazz.''  This CD release party is at The Jazz Bakery in LA on February 17.  www.bruceeskovitz.com

Radio promo by New World 'N' Jazz, Neal Sapper, 415-453-1558 & Matt Hughes, 732-835-5050.  Label: Pacific Coast Jazz, 858-484-8609 Email donna at pacificcoastjazz.com   check out all of our artists at www.pacificcoastjazz.com

Pacific Coast Jazz wishes all of our friends a great 2008.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Larry,

Bassist Brian Bromberg fits that description to a T. I'll email you the
contact info.

Best,

Mark

Mark Rini
GROOV Marketing-NW
1633 N. Sumner St.
Portland, OR 97217
Direct: 503-286-0006
mark at groovmarketing.com
http://www.groovmarketing.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Greetings from Savannah!

I am in the process of putting together the 2008 Savannah Jazz Festival
(Sept 21 - 28).  Friday night is "Smooth / Fusion"  night.  I am not too
familiar with this genre except to know some of the major names that
everybody knows.  Agents aside, can anyone tell me a "kick a** headliner
that will possibly also appeal to the straight-ahead fans.  Last year we had

the Yellowjackets with Eric Marienthal.  Names (and contact information-if
known)  would be appreciated.  www.savannahjazzfestival.org

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Larry

Larry Dane-Kellogg
WHCJ  90.3 FM
19 E. 64th Street